SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby triggernel » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Anyone else really not a fan of One Ocean? I love Blue Horizons, the coasters, and JTA, but when it comes to One Ocean, if I wanted to watch people picking up trash on a giant video monitor, I would have stayed home.
Snoochie Boochie

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby TexasThrillSeekers » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm glad SeaWorld has finally fired back about the false allegations made against their parks. Here's what I think, and what I think you must remember. "Blackfish" is a documentary, and just because it's a documentary doesn't mean it's completely accurate. The produces knew there was an audience out there that doesn't support SeaWorld, and that's why they made the film. To be fair, the producers and writers of "Blackfish" are actually very smart people. They produced the film for one reason, and that reason was MONEY! Give it to them. They succeed.

They have successfully turned a lot of folks against SeaWorld, and made a lot of dough. This was strictly a business move. They could probably care less about SeaWorld, but they saw an opportunity and went for it. Heck, even users discussing the film on forums, and social media sites is only boosting the popularity of the documentary. Believe me, the producers knew this would happen. So again, kudos to everyone involved in making "Blackfish." They made a smart business move.

Now, I'm smart enough to see through their bulls**t! I don't believe what they say, and I proudly support SeaWorld parks! They capture, cure, and release so many animals a year that are in need of medical attention. SeaWorld really does care. A lot of people agree with that, but unfortunately all the ban wagon people who saw "Blackfish" who were open enough to believe that, will not be open enough to hear SeaWorld out. So unfortunate.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby CMV » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:56 pm

The next documentary expose of Sea World should explore why they used selections from the Beetlejuice soundtrack in Journey To Atlantis.
Mean Streak gave me cancer.
"I haven't stepped in a ring since 2004 and I have no wind, but I'd be able to outwork David Sammartino."
"Those kids were trying to smoke pot, so I repeatedly burst around the corner, pretending to take pictures of Magnum."
"Yeah, I think I'm done with the Demon."-CC, 2013
cmvenom.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:02 pm

CMV wrote:The next documentary expose of Sea World should explore why they used selections from the Beetlejuice soundtrack in Journey To Atlantis.

No, It should explore how Journey to Atlantis doesn't get you wet, Has broken effects, and shows you the twist in the queue line TV's
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 pm

I know somebody that thinks 'An American Horror Story: Coven' is real.

Sometimes with Americans, I just....can't.
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby australianalex » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Even the Australian Sea World is having to answer posts from crazed environmentalist nutjobs, despite the fact that the Australian Sea World neither has Orcas in their park, nor are affiliated with American SeaWorld in any way.
Now, I definitely advocate animal rights, but the people calling for the parks to release all their animals into the wild is not only unrealistic but ridiculous, and the people directing accusations at the wrong park chain is just laughable.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:38 pm

This is not directed to anyone here, but this is my response:

I love all animals, and like reading about them, and watching things on TV about them.

psychological - of, pertaining to, dealing with, or affecting the mind, especially as a function of awareness, feeling, or motivation

Blackfish is a MOVIE.

Several promos for this film call it a "psychological thriller". Wait a second! Silence of the Lambs, Saw, and The Exorcist are "psychological thrillers".

It used footage and was worded so that it puts the blame on Sea World. It also basically showed us EVERYTHING we have already seen. We've seen all the footage used in this "psychological thriller".

The former trainers said that they never thought anything bad would happen. After seeing the movie, my first thought was, "These people did not think an animal as big as a medium sized school bus could or would harm them?"

ANYTHING with a mouth can and will bite.

Also, places like Sea World and Busch Gardens do more good than bad. Do you know that there are animals that thrive is zoos that are classified as "EXTINCT IN THE WILD"?

"Extinct in the wild." Gee there's nothing wrong with THAT statement.

Furthermore, those of you wanting the whale released need to think about the last time an orca was released after a MOVIE brought him to everyone's attention. Keiko, the star of Free Willy was released. Up until he died of pneumonia, he had been known to seek human interaction, beg fishermen for food, and was underweight. (Google it)

What happens if Tilly were released and did the same thing? What would stop that orca from seeking human interaction? Attacking someone who doesn't have food for him?

The film Blackfish started out putting the blame on the whale stating that "he became frustrated and that is why he attacked." Then they shifted the blame to Dawn, stating that she didn't reward him, ran out of food, and kept asking the whale to do more. Then they shifted the blame to Sea World for not having more safety measures in place. Are you freaking serious?

There are bombings at marathon races, shootings, car accidents, HIGH gas prices, and yet everyone jumps on the "I hate Sea World Bandwagon" because of a M O V I E from a no name director who just got all her nominations and wins with this movie.

There are a LOT of things this "psychological thriller" left out, such as most movies do.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby CMV » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:12 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
CMV wrote:The next documentary expose of Sea World should explore why they used selections from the Beetlejuice soundtrack in Journey To Atlantis.

No, It should explore how Journey to Atlantis doesn't get you wet, Has broken effects, and shows you the twist in the queue line TV's

On my last visit several years ago, the short dip after the big visual drop flooded my boat, I couldn't tell what was "broken" and what was "garbage", and the queue monitors that were working featured a generic Sea World logo.

Was I lucky, or not? Hell, I can't tell.
Mean Streak gave me cancer.
"I haven't stepped in a ring since 2004 and I have no wind, but I'd be able to outwork David Sammartino."
"Those kids were trying to smoke pot, so I repeatedly burst around the corner, pretending to take pictures of Magnum."
"Yeah, I think I'm done with the Demon."-CC, 2013
cmvenom.com

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:53 am

CMV wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:

On my last visit several years ago, the short dip after the big visual drop flooded my boat, I couldn't tell what was "broken" and what was "garbage", and the queue monitors that were working featured a generic Sea World logo.

Was I lucky, or not? Hell, I can't tell.

That happens all the time there! We usually put someone in the front who has never been, then have everyone lean forward at that part. WHOLE front of the boat goes under. First 2 rows are SOAKED! :lmao:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:44 am

Remember we live in the reality tv society now where people will by into anything such as this documentary. Heck many still believe pro wrestling is real! Maybe if people in this country actually tried to learn and not just get on a bandwagon with the rest of these activists and agenda forming meat heads we might actually start taking a step forward as a society.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!