SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 626: Electric Ocean Media Kick-Off Report Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:09 am

This letter brought a little tear to my eye. A tear of joy for all the good things that SeaWorld does. Thanks for posting this, Elissa! It was a good way to start the day!

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:32 am

Does anyone have a link to a CNN Article about the SeaWorld response? :lmao:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Blue Turbo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am

The letter is great ways for the park to get the facts out, hopefully people will actually see it so they can know both sides of the story

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:41 am

^^LOL! No I'm sure they won't, but that's okay, they have an article about how a 10 year old convinced her school not to take their annual class trip to Sea World.

On the other hand, I've been sending info out to one of our more ignorant teachers at KT's school who is also trying to cancel the Annual 1st Grade Trip to Sea World.

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:49 am

SharkTums wrote:^^LOL! No I'm sure they won't, but that's okay, they have an article about how a 10 year old convinced her school not to take their annual class trip to Sea World.

On the other hand, I've been sending info out to one of our more ignorant teachers at KT's school who is also trying to cancel the Annual 1st Grade Trip to Sea World.

I just found a CNN article about the SWO response, and it reads like pure comedy. I want to get my popcorn and watch the comments fly in. See the slanted view for yourself: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/20/us/seaworld-newspaper-ads/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:52 am

The single-mindedness of the US news media and general public amuses me so much.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 am

Kinda wish they would have started the "damage control" a little bit sooner. I think it has gotten to the point where this letter might not actually help SeaWorld and will just give Blackfish more media attention.

It would be great if an impartial third party documentarian could come in and make an object film on how SeaWorld cares for their marine life.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 am

^I feel that SeaWorld gave the public too much credit. They really believed that people would see the film for what it was and understand that SeaWorld does a whole crapload of good and are good people. Eventually they just had to stand up for themselves as more lies were going around and things were getting out of control. It's sad that it came to that, but I'm glad they put something out.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:10 am

^ I also feel that letter probably has been in the hands of lawyers and other senior members of SeaWorld for quite some time. I'm sure they have to really think about what they were going to say and be VERY careful how they were going to say it because they knew that anything they would write would be taken out of context and twisted around in the media.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Blue Turbo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 am

bbomser wrote:I just found a CNN article about the SWO response, and it reads like pure comedy. I want to get my popcorn and watch the comments fly in. See the slanted view for yourself: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/20/us/seaworld-newspaper-ads/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

And they still managed to mention how they have aired Blackfish several times within that article.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!