SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 626: Electric Ocean Media Kick-Off Report Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:25 am

Garet wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Tilikum from a marine park that was going to be closed down?

Yes, read the post a page or two back. One of Joe's posts covers this in detail.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby denning » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:57 am

I don't think you or I know enough about the care of marine animals to say if that is a fix or not. And I don't believe the movie is telling us the whole story either. So with that said, I'll just continue to go to SeaWorld and enjoy the Shamu show for what it is.

--Robb

The movie is certainly not telling the whole story. It is biased for sure.

Going for the first time in two weeks. Sad part is we can't enjoy the Shamu show for what it was many like me will never have the chance to see it with the trainers doing the tricks in the water.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:47 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:48 pm

^ To be fair I actually think the park has so much more to offer than the Shamu show. We go to the park probably once a month and I don't think I've seen the Shamu show in over a year.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:37 pm

I agree with you Robb.

I think the park is just stunningly beautiful, they have 2 awesome B&M's, numerous animal interaction areas, and food that will make your taste buds go crazy!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:07 pm

robbalvey wrote:So I find this kind of hilarious.

I have never looked at change.org ... until now.

I was expecting to see some sort of HUGE outcry and TONS of people backing all this anti-SeaWorld nonsense, and here is what I found....

Willie Nelson to cancel: ~9,000 supporters
Bare Naked Ladies to cancel: ~11,000 supporters
Trisha Yearwood to cancel: ~5,000 supporters
SeaWorld to end their Orca breeding program: ~14,000 supporters.
SeaWorld to release their Orcas and Dolphins: ~12,000 supporters.

Here's where it gets funny....

Help some random guy with his house payments to Bank of America: ~200,000 supporters
Wal-Mart to rehire a guy who was fired for selling a frozen turkey at a wrong price: ~404,000 supporters
Target to close their store on Thanksgiving: ~377,000 supporters
Changing YouTube's comment section back to it's original form: ~225,000 supporters
Kraft Foods Stop using dye in your cheese: ~352,000 supporters

So, here is what I've learned from Change.org:

1. People care WAAAAAAY more about Kraft cheese than Ocras and dolphins.

2. Apparently selling a frozen turkey at a wrong price is a HUGE F**KING DEAL!!!! (who knew?)

3. Those bands really do not have any fans and needed that publicity... BADLY!

4. Bare Naked Ladies is more popular than Willie Nelson!??!?

5. Holy crap change.org proves there are a lot of obnoxious, whiny, terrible people on this planet with nothing else to do!!!

6. I'm considering signing the petition for Virgin Galactic to leave Justin Bieber in space forever.

--Robb "It really sucks that SeaWorld has to put up with all this crap." Alvey

Awesome job, Robb...good to get a good laugh at the end of a stressful day at work. That pretty much sums it all up in one post! :lol:

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Philrad71 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:So I find this kind of hilarious.

I have never looked at change.org ... until now.

I was expecting to see some sort of HUGE outcry and TONS of people backing all this anti-SeaWorld nonsense, and here is what I found....

Willie Nelson to cancel: ~9,000 supporters
Bare Naked Ladies to cancel: ~11,000 supporters
Trisha Yearwood to cancel: ~5,000 supporters
SeaWorld to end their Orca breeding program: ~14,000 supporters.
SeaWorld to release their Orcas and Dolphins: ~12,000 supporters.

Here's where it gets funny....

Help some random guy with his house payments to Bank of America: ~200,000 supporters
Wal-Mart to rehire a guy who was fired for selling a frozen turkey at a wrong price: ~404,000 supporters
Target to close their store on Thanksgiving: ~377,000 supporters
Changing YouTube's comment section back to it's original form: ~225,000 supporters
Kraft Foods Stop using dye in your cheese: ~352,000 supporters

So, here is what I've learned from Change.org:

1. People care WAAAAAAY more about Kraft cheese than Ocras and dolphins.

2. Apparently selling a frozen turkey at a wrong price is a HUGE F**KING DEAL!!!! (who knew?)

3. Those bands really do not have any fans and needed that publicity... BADLY!

4. Bare Naked Ladies is more popular than Willie Nelson!??!?

5. Holy crap change.org proves there are a lot of obnoxious, whiny, terrible people on this planet with nothing else to do!!!

6. I'm considering signing the petition for Virgin Galactic to leave Justin Bieber in space forever.

--Robb "It really sucks that SeaWorld has to put up with all this crap." Alvey

Awesome job, Robb...good to get a good laugh at the end of a stressful day at work. That pretty much sums it all up in one post! :lol:

Yeah, his post made my day :lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with the above posts. SeaWorld is a world class park with or without the orca show. The other shows are just as phenomenal (if not better), the park is stunning visually, both coasters are very good, and the manta exhibit is awesome. Also, the express pass here is a great deal (only $30), and you get unlimited admission to the front of pretty much every decent ride in the park.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Yeti » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Seriously, there has to be one musician out there who can ignore this issue (which I just don't think is that big of a deal) and support Sea World for their coasters! I also just can't care enough about these singers and bands who are dropping out.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:46 pm

denning wrote:
I don't think you or I know enough about the care of marine animals to say if that is a fix or not. And I don't believe the movie is telling us the whole story either. So with that said, I'll just continue to go to SeaWorld and enjoy the Shamu show for what it is.

--Robb

The movie is certainly not telling the whole story. It is biased for sure.

Going for the first time in two weeks. Sad part is we can't enjoy the Shamu show for what it was many like me will never have the chance to see it with the trainers doing the tricks in the water.

Is it really that huge a loss without the trainers in the water though? I saw the Shamu show when I was very little and i've seen a lot of dolphin shows with and without people in the water in Asia and pretty much all the time my eyes are on the animals even when there are tricks involving people, yes it's impressive when they launch people up into the air but i'm just as impressed when I see them do it with beach-balls or pretend bombs or whatever other props they have. Even the ones where two trainers link arms with each other and then the dolphins fins and get swum in a circle I preferred without the trainers when it was more dolphins just swimming upside down in a circle.

I've noticed less and less sites seem to be reporting when bands drop out now it's become common, surely soon it's going to come full circle and some old news bands or up and coming bands will start signing up just for the publicity and getting their names in the papers. :p

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:05 pm

denning wrote:The movie is certainly not telling the whole story. It is biased for sure.

Blackfish is propaganda. Let's be honest, that's what it is.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:34 pm

The Yeti wrote:Seriously, there has to be one musician out there who can ignore this issue (which I just don't think is that big of a deal) and support Sea World for their coasters! I also just can't care enough about these singers and bands who are dropping out.

Again to be fair, many of the acts are trying to distance themselves from the controversy. Its not really fun to be bombarded with countless hate messages surrounding the documentary. Agree with their decision or not.

From what i saw on my trip down there last year, the Shamu show was pretty lackluster at most compared to the park's other shows. It didnt really have all the cool tricks or interesting visuals of the dolphin show or Allure. Nor did it have the pet show's humor.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!