SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - A report from SeaWorld's re-opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:56 pm

^Meh. People will still move on pretty quick. Morgan Spurlock had to go from "serious" topics like Super Size Me and the war on terror to the Simpsons, Comic Con, and One Direction to stay relevant!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:34 am

Just saw on screamscape and facebook Martina Mcbride has dropped out too: https://www.facebook.com/martinamcbride/posts/10152452451703219

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:50 am

I really feel bad for SeaWorld right now...if only Blackfish didn't exist. I'm sure the attendance has been dropping this year even though they spent millions on Antarctica. Ugh. Poor SeaWorld.

:cry: :(
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:10 am

Something I've been wondering lately. Where is the park's PR firm in all this? Normally most companies will pull out some press release putting the company in a positive light. So far, I've only seen one press release that was put out to SWO employees shortly after the movie was announced. Even Six Flags went out of their way to post a few press statements after the Texas Giant incident. Is Sea World waiting for the documentary hype to blow over before releasing anything or is there something going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of?
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:00 am

I think they are very smart in just ignoring it. Much like the idiot people who troll TPR, they are looking for a response, ANY response to grab words and comments taken out of context and repurpose them for their own crusade.

I bet the majority of the guests coming in their park probably don't know about the movie, or if they do, don't care.

SeaWorld should be focusing in what they already to best, providing great entertainment for their guests and great care for their animals.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:00 am

I think they are very smart in just ignoring it. Much like the idiot people who troll TPR, they are looking for a response, ANY response to grab words and comments taken out of context and repurpose them for their own crusade.

I bet the majority of the guests coming in their park probably don't know about the movie, or if they do, don't care.

SeaWorld should be focusing in what they already to best, providing great entertainment for their guests and great care for their animals.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:10 pm

robbalvey wrote:I think they are very smart in just ignoring it. Much like the idiot people who troll TPR, they are looking for a response, ANY response to grab words and comments taken out of context and repurpose them for their own crusade.

It might affect attendance but not based on backlash of the film. While the majority of guests don't know about the movie or care, When there aren't concerts playing during an event, You could probably erase at least 100 guests from visiting.
Proud Member of the 800th Coaster in 2019

Postby netdvn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:31 pm

^^ I guess considering organizations like PETA are media whores, ignoring them would probably be in the best interests at that rate.

If its only 100 guests avoiding the park due to lack of concerts, the park is better off leaving the concerts out compared to the thousands of guests visiting the park every day at that point.

And even then, the park can hold its own without the concerts. Especially if beer's involved. :)
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Hell, the lack of REO Speedwagon would probably improve attendance. ;)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:48 pm

^REO Speedwagon, BareNaked Ladies, and Willie Nelson.....for that matter, may improve attendance..lol
Willie probably can't remember most of the words to his songs anyway.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!