California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 am

GREAT AMERICA EXPANDS PLANET SNOOPY WITH 3 NEW RIDES
SANTA CLARA, CA – For 2015, California’s Great America will expand and rebrand the Planet Snoopy kids area. Three new Planet Snoopy rides will be introduced and be in place for opening day in 2015 when Great America begins its magical 40th season. The entire KidZville area will be transitioned into the expanded Planet Snoopy.

The new rides will include Joe Cool’s Gr8Sk8, Peanuts 500 and Snoopy’s Space Buggies. Gr8Sk8 will be an interactive ride atop Snoopy’s giant skateboard with the feeling of going off the edge. Peanuts 500 lets racers slingshot around the race track’s ends, while Snoopy’s Space Buggies will lift astronauts into the air for a gravity defying lunar landing.

“Great America is known for its thrill rides, but we pride ourselves on a being a park for everyone. Enhancing Planet Snoopy and introducing three attractions parents can ride with children adds to our inclusive family atmosphere,” said Great America Vice President and General Manager Raul Rehnborg.

In 2013, Great America added Gold Striker, which was named the world’s seventh best wooden roller coaster by the Golden Ticket Awards. 2014 brought the Great America Pavilion, an almost 18,000 sq. ft. multi-purpose facility that has become one of the Bay Area premier venues for corporate meetings and catered events, holiday parties and product launches.

Season Passes for 2015 are just $59.99 through Nov. 1 and are good for the rest of 2014 and all of 2015. By upgrading to a Gold Pass, guests receive Halloween Haunt, free parking, 20 percent off food and merchandise and admission to Gilroy Gardens.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby rumble » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:37 am

Sounds like a good addition for the kids, certainly Kidzville could do with a make over, but I wonder if they will also make any changes to the existing Planet Snoopy area?

Presumably Joe Cool's GR8 SK8 is the ride removed from Knott's Camp Snoopy this year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:31 pm

2016= new coaster.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mater » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Crossing my fingers both of the Bay Area parks get coasters in '16. As it stands I'll only have a '15 season pass to Marine World and that's only cause I'm going to be driving down to socal to ride Colossus weekly.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:23 pm

This should be a good addition for the park, and I'm glad to see the rides Knott's removed from Camp Snoopy put to good use. However, I'm really hoping 2016 brings a waterpark expansion and/or a new coaster as that is what CGA needs most.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Bubba » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Seems like it will be improvements this year which I can't complain. Just hit CGA for the haunt last weekend and Top Gun (I still call it that hehe) looks awesome red. I am hoping for a new coaster or water park addition the following year though. Gold Striker is still awesome and I'm just glad we have it, still feels brand new.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rolercstrluvr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm happy to see this improvement to Planet Snoopy. I feel this will finally complete that back area very nicely. Can't wait to see how it'll all look once completed.
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:34 pm

rumble wrote:Presumably Joe Cool's GR8 SK8 is the ride removed from Knott's Camp Snoopy this year.

I'd venture to say the Peanuts 500 is from Knott's as well...making the Space Buggies the only "new" ride in this expansion. Never mind...if Kings Dominion's expanded Planet Snoopy (also done by encompassing their KidZville) is anything to go by, CGA is in for a treat.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WayCool64 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Well, what do you know? My prediction for next year came true!
Love animation and video games? Check out my Dinosaur Planet fanseries project: http://dpfanseries.webs.com/

To serve with excellence

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:19 am

I think this is a great addition for Great America because they're the last major Cedar Fair park to get Planet Snoopy (MiA doesn't have one, but I don't think they have a legitimate kiddie area to begin with). The other Planet Snoopys are really nice areas that small children have lots of fun in, so I'd expect the same to happen here.
Last edited by VF15 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:49 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!