California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 am

Great TR!
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby OrlandoGuy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Awesome pictures! I havent been to either Great America but from what I can tell, CGA is the much nicer of the two (albeit with a much less impressive coaster lineup). Is this the general consensus with most people?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sharman19 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Nice to learn that Goldie is back up! Must be kicking some more butts! :airtimer:
My top 5 coasters.
Steel 1: Maverick. 2: Top Thrill Dragster. 3: Diamondback. 4: Banshee. 5: Millennium Force
Wood 1: The Beast. 2: Blue Streak. 3: Hoosier Hurricane. 4: Cornball Express. 5: Mean Streak
I don't get around to many parks. :cry:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Sharman19 wrote:Nice to learn that Goldie is back up! Must be kicking some more butts! :airtimer:

Oh you know it is!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:36 pm

gromithere wrote:
laqueefa wrote:
CAGreatAmericaFan wrote:
laqueefa wrote:Unfortunately, the Grizz isnt going anywhere. They've been spending money retracking the ride, and remains one of their signature family coasters. Vortex on the other hand, not so much. When is the last time this ride got some love? Get rid of it!
:vekoma: :elissa: :vekoma:

Why unfortunately? It has gotten better in recent years. I would be upset to see it go, but it won't happen for a long time. Why does that make it an "unfortunate event for you?

It's unfortunate because no matter how much you retrack it, its not going to be a thrilling ride. Its pretty boring IMO. Could the park use the space for another world class coaster? SURE! Would they get rid of such an iconic family coaster? NOPE! The unfortunateness is leaking from every pore of this post. Oozing, almost.

This post is moist.

Whoa there! I think calling Grizzly "iconic" is a bit of a stretch. ;)

LOL. Really though, lets be the realist of the reals. The Grizz has been around since 1986. You and I arent far off in age, and I remember this ride being super popular back in the day. The queue is really beautiful; greenery, the Barney Oldfield Speedway snaking under and around Grizz's base... It's definitely iconic in the parks history. I doubt they ditch the Grizzly, even though I wish they would to make way for a thrill ride but the 48inch height requirement looks good on their "family rides" page. Honestly though, parks can fit a new ride in ANYWHERE.
Tigga, please!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RCF » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:46 pm

laqueefa wrote:
gromithere wrote:
laqueefa wrote:
CAGreatAmericaFan wrote:
laqueefa wrote:Unfortunately, the Grizz isnt going anywhere. They've been spending money retracking the ride, and remains one of their signature family coasters. Vortex on the other hand, not so much. When is the last time this ride got some love? Get rid of it!
:vekoma: :elissa: :vekoma:

Why unfortunately? It has gotten better in recent years. I would be upset to see it go, but it won't happen for a long time. Why does that make it an "unfortunate event for you?

It's unfortunate because no matter how much you retrack it, its not going to be a thrilling ride. Its pretty boring IMO. Could the park use the space for another world class coaster? SURE! Would they get rid of such an iconic family coaster? NOPE! The unfortunateness is leaking from every pore of this post. Oozing, almost.

This post is moist.

Whoa there! I think calling Grizzly "iconic" is a bit of a stretch. ;)

LOL. Really though, lets be the realist of the reals. The Grizz has been around since 1986. You and I arent far off in age, and I remember this ride being super popular back in the day. The queue is really beautiful; greenery, the Barney Oldfield Speedway snaking under and around Grizz's base... It's definitely iconic in the parks history. I doubt they ditch the Grizzly, even though I wish they would to make way for a thrill ride but the 48inch height requirement looks good on their "family rides" page. Honestly though, parks can fit a new ride in ANYWHERE.
I honestly don't get how 48 inches makes it family friendly. That is considerably high compared to most of the rides at Lagoon. Even Wicked is 46inch height requirement.

Postby laqueefa » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Sometimes two inches dont matter, and sometimes its everything!

Tigga, please!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby RandallDuell » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:02 pm

OrlandoGuy wrote:Awesome pictures! I havent been to either Great America but from what I can tell, CGA is the much nicer of the two (albeit with a much less impressive coaster lineup). Is this the general consensus with most people?

I don't think you're anywhere near correct in your assessment, Sir.

Postby laqueefa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 pm

A buddy of mine (who is an amazing artist) is working on the Haunt this year. Here is an awesome photo of the entrance of Wax Museum!

Edit [also]:

Tigga, please!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rolercstrluvr » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Impressive, should look amazing in person. :b
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!