Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:01 am

I didn’t get there until 9:30 on a 10:00 closing and used single rider, so I was out in 15 min. But they were quoting a 45 min wait with about 50 people in line.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 am

Jew wrote:I didn’t get there until 9:30 on a 10:00 closing and used single rider, so I was out in 15 min. But they were quoting a 45 min wait with about 50 people in line.

I didn't notice an official single rider line when I was there, they were just asking for single riders out of the standby line. Where were you doing Single Rider?

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 am

singemfrc wrote:
Jew wrote:I didn’t get there until 9:30 on a 10:00 closing and used single rider, so I was out in 15 min. But they were quoting a 45 min wait with about 50 people in line.

I didn't notice an official single rider line when I was there, they were just asking for single riders out of the standby line. Where were you doing Single Rider?

Fastlane line.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Jew wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Fastlane line.

How does that exactly work though?

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Jew wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Fastlane line.

Dann, I wish I knew that 4 days ago.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 am

I just asked if they had single rider and the guy at the front sent me through fastlane.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:47 pm

WayCool64 wrote:
Jew wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Fastlane line.

How does that exactly work though?

In my experience, while single riders and Fast Lane holders share the same line, people with Fast Lane are given priority. I had Fast Lane and they were consistently seating me before the single riders ahead of me in line and also asking which row I wanted. It appears they just use the single riders to fill in the gaps... which is how a single rider line should work.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Well, granted, I haven't heard any updates, but Knott's is NOT doing that for Hangtime... although they certainly could, which is the frustrating part.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm glad they make sure Fast Lane users have priority. I'm all in favor of single rider lines, but they do "devalue" line-skipping options when both save the same amount of time, if you think about it in those terms.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:34 pm

H O L Y C R A P :omg: :airtime:

I just rode RailBlazer and I still haven't collected myself in response to it! It may be short, but goodness, it's like a mini Maverick or something. So forceful, so smooth, and so fun! You all need to come ride it.

(I know, I'm a little late to the game.) ;)
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS