California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterobsessive » Mon May 28, 2018 1:11 am

When I was there this evening, they were running all three trains. No people, but man that thing tears through the course.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Would love to see this open by late June. May make a special trip up from LA to ride it. I was impressed with the way it looked when I was up there about a month ago.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 pm

clem2754 wrote:Would love to see this open by late June. May make a special trip up from LA to ride it. I was impressed with the way it looked when I was up there about a month ago.

I was hoping to visit in mid-June with the premise it'd be open by then, but it's getting really hard to say. I really don't want to have to rearrange all my summer travel plans just because of this, but that's starting to look like the case. So wish they'd get their act together so people can plan trips. :/

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Rougarou » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Just saw riders on Rail Blazer via
GA webcam!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cgaridesman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm watching too. Looks like it's just employees. Not quite open to the public yet.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Rougarou wrote:Just saw riders on Rail Blazer via
GA webcam!

Welp, good thing I already got everything done for the day. :p

That's a neat view of the ride experience, and it was good to get an idea of what operations might be like (looks pretty dialed in at the moment). I'm keeping my ear to the street for news of its opening!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby moviemansig » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:16 pm

I was at the park today and here is a trip report. Whitewater Falls was closed throughout the time I was there (surprising considering how hot it was), while Patriot was down on two separate occasions before I saw it open early afternoon. Also did the go-karts, which I've rarely done. I was told H.M.B. Endeavor was torn down to make way for the water park expansion. There were people riding RailBlazer in the afternoon. It might have been a media event, as I saw what looked to be non-employees on the ride. I was surprised it wasn't more crowded considering the Red, White & Brews event was taking place.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 am

moviemansig wrote:I was at the park today and here is a trip report. Whitewater Falls was closed throughout the time I was there (surprising considering how hot it was), while Patriot was down on two separate occasions before I saw it open early afternoon. Also did the go-karts, which I've rarely done. I was told H.M.B. Endeavor was torn down to make way for the water park expansion. There were people riding RailBlazer in the afternoon. It might have been a media event, as I saw what looked to be non-employees on the ride. I was surprised it wasn't more crowded considering the Red, White & Brews event was taking place.

It's definitely employee only status at the moment, but employees may have been able to bring a +1. Either way, with employees riding now, it will be open very very soon.

I got a free unlimited rides wristband voucher for SCBB tonight at the SF Giants game which is awesome, as I was planning to visit SCBB at the same time when I go down to CGA to ride Railblazer. That will save me $40!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby coasterobsessive » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 am

According to people that work there, it's actually open to everyone... I hope it stays that way.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:44 am

coasterobsessive wrote:According to people that work there, it's actually open to everyone... I hope it stays that way.
I heard the opposite, from someone who rode it today.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!