California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Sun May 13, 2018 8:08 am

Hmmm, a little concerning there's no open date yet. Whether its WCB or my own trip I deff am getting to CA this year and an opening date for railblazer would be a relief, as its something Im really looking forward to.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rolercstrluvr » Sun May 13, 2018 8:12 am

^I have a feeling it'll open how Gold Striker opened. Was in the back of the park when they just announced over the PA system,"Attention, Gold Striker is now open. Have a wonderful day here at California's Great America."

*commense running of the bulls from psycho mouse to front of park*
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:55 am

Even though they have not announced a date yet, I can't imagine it taking much longer. Memorial Day weekend is my guess. I can't see this opening in June.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Postby bert425 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:11 am

chickenbowl wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:Very interesting. Given that it barely crests that drop, I bet it's there in case the train valleys.
Yep I bet you're right, makes sense why they'd have a temporary catwalk there for that until they dial in the controls.

I doubt that catwalk is temporary.

there is NOT one at Fiesta Tx (although as it's up against the Quarry wall, there is likely very little wind to deal with)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 am

I honestly thought it would be open by now. Was hoping, at least. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was open by next week (soft-open, pass preview, or promo shoot) but not holding my breath. I'll be in the area, but going to the park will be less of a priority without Railblazer open. Nothing new for me there except Patriot, which I have low expectations for.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ChanceBoyer » Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am

You would have thought we would have some sort of information about an opening date by now...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:I honestly thought it would be open by now. Was hoping, at least. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was open by next week (soft-open, pass preview, or promo shoot) but not holding my breath. I'll be in the area, but going to the park will be less of a priority without Railblazer open. Nothing new for me there except Patriot, which I have low expectations for.

^Honestly, with the bump incident at CP with SV I wouldn't be surprised if they're just being a little extra cautious with their testing. Considering I believe I read Railblazer will also have the constantly in motion trains to speed up dispatches. Could be completely wrong but it's just a gut feeling.

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon May 14, 2018 1:07 pm

It's cute how I was so naively optimistic about this opening fairly early in the season. Oh, well.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Mon May 14, 2018 1:36 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:It's cute how I was so naively optimistic about this opening fairly early in the season. Oh, well.

It's actually kinda shocking that Six Flags opened the same ride before a Cedar Fair park. Then again, Knott's is opening their new coaster on Friday and SFMM hasn't even gone vertical with their giant Frisbee, which is more like I've come to expect. I wonder why CGA's raptor is taking so long to open? You'd think they would want to capitalize on the Memorial Day holiday weekend to drive guests to the park.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that Six Flags made an agreement with RMC that requires that they open Wonder Woman first so that SF can call it the first single rail coaster.

They're still wrong, there have been several single rail coasters before WW, including many of these rides as well as this wierd Pax ride
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!