Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 984: Boogie Board Racer & Grand Carnivale announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby hoppedup » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:19 am

^I haven't been this early in the season before, but my experience is that daytime crowds are pretty light during Scarowinds season and the night time crowds are awful. As always, get there and then judge if FL+ is necessary.

Also the park closes at 5 and reopens for Scarowinds. It is a separately ticketed event.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:45 am

^ Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping it won't be too packed. I really only ride Fury, Intimidator, Afterburn, Drop Tower, Windseeker, and Copperhead Strike. I wouldn't mind getting on the Top Scan and the flyers but other than that I dont really ride anything else. I mainly want to do houses ride those coasters and rides mentioned.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby tndank » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 am

There's at least 1 vlog on youtube from Scarowinds last weekend. From pics I saw it was pretty crowded. Huge crowd was forming 30-60 minutes before gates opened at 7.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:35 am

During my two nights at Scarowinds at 10pm the parking gates were backed up and people were still trying to get in. Waits for rides were several hours long. We waited about 10 minutes or less for each ride on Fury...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby geekypimp » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:44 am

prozach626 wrote:During my two nights at Scarowinds at 10pm the parking gates were backed up and people were still trying to get in. Waits for rides were several hours long. We waited about 10 minutes or less for each ride on Fury...

Hey Zach! It's Brian, the lurker from the Safari Line at Great Adventure!

I am considering heading down that way this weekend. How would you rate the experience? After that talk we had, I trust your opinion. Is the experience worth the 7 hour drive or would I be better served hitting Kings Dominion which is only about 2 hours from me?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Quick question: is the Safari open during Do crowds tend to die down at all during the last sunday (and by extension last day period) of FF?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby yawetag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:48 am

Safari?

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby tndank » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:13 am

I think he's asking a quick side question about the Safari at GA with the user above his post. I thought the same thing for a second.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby yawetag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:22 am

tndank wrote:I think he's asking a quick side question about the Safari at GA with the user above his post. I thought the same thing for a second.

Makes sense, and why he used FF instead of SCarowinds.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Well I am going Saturday night with my boyfriend. Hopefully it won't be to crazy. I did get the Fright Lane pass already so that will help. Does anyone know if any of the shows are worth watching?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!