Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 984: Boogie Board Racer & Grand Carnivale announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 am

Those are amazing pictures! #4 and #5 make for great Home and Lock Screen pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Well thank ya! That's awesome that you guys are using them for your wallpapers

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby tndank » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Had good time this weekend at Carowinds. It was blazing hot but we've gotten used to that at this point.

Got an hour of ERT after closing on Fury. We'd stop in the station for 15-20 seconds to reset restraints and swap seats if anyone wanted to move around. Then you'd roll to the bottom of the lift and wait for the train in front to cross the mcb. Had a blast. Got to marathon a bit this morning before leaving town as well. Even at noon there were no lines and we were able to sit on Fury and Intimidator as long as we wanted.

Lots of Scarowinds stuff all around. I've never done any Halloween events at a park so we enjoyed seeing all the props and scenes. Made me want to return, but I think we are doing Kings Island instead since we just visited this weekend for the event.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HellboyBegins7492 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:58 pm

why can't Carowinds buy more property to build more coasters/thrill rides in the next few decades? Like Cedar Point and California's Great America is expanding with more land. Why can't Carowinds? I mean are they just going to tear down rides and replace them with new ones? They don't have space to increase their roller coaster count to compete with other theme parks?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:50 pm

You're seriously asking why Cedar Point acquiring land in a run down rust belt town is easier than Carowinds acquiring land in two different states in one of the fastest growing metro areas in the US?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:32 pm

HellboyBegins7492 wrote:why can't Carowinds buy more property to build more coasters/thrill rides in the next few decades? Like Cedar Point and California's Great America is expanding with more land. Why can't Carowinds? I mean are they just going to tear down rides and replace them with new ones? They don't have space to increase their roller coaster count to compete with other theme parks?

Carowinds has room to expand. They can reclaim a large portion of the parking lot. Parts of it are rarely used. (They did this for Intimidator.) Also, They will have Dinos Alive area, RRR area to expand once those areas are cleared.

On top of that they have purchased land around the park recently so I am not quite sure what you are so freaked out about. They will continue adding new rides. They only rides I could forsee going in the near future are Vortex, PVZ, YOYO, and possibly Nighthawk. The GP love Nighthawk so that one is less likely.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:44 pm

^This.

Plus, given how much love Cedar Fair has given this park in the last 5 years, I have no doubt Carowinds will continue to greatly expand in the future. Anybody who lives near this park should be thrilled.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:52 am

HellboyBegins7492 wrote:why can't Carowinds buy more property to build more coasters/thrill rides in the next few decades?

So, a park that has 14 coasters (2 of which are along the tallest in the world), plenty of acres to use outside the parks footprint and inside of it, a world class water park that is adding a custom mat racer (without removing anything) and still has acres inside the water park footprint to expand needs to buy more property? Have you ever been to Carowinds? Have you seen parks like indiana beach? As long as there is a place to plop a station, no park is running out of room.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby yawetag » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 am

HellboyBegins7492 wrote:They don't have space to increase their roller coaster count to compete with other theme parks?

They're in the midst of expanding a portion of the parking lot toward the entrance road. The general thought is this will open up some of the lot to expand the park near Intimidator and where Dinos Alive was.

I presume you're referring to Copperhead Strike coming in to replace Thunder Road, as Intimidator and Fury were new builds in areas that didn't have a coaster before. TR was becoming too expensive to maintain, so taking it down was the best course of action and CS was a great replacement.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Quick question for anyone in the know. I am planning on going to the park this Saturday for Scarowinds. Do you think that it will be packed this early in the Haunt season? I was planning on getting the Fright Lane pass, but I don't want to have to get Fast Lane Plus too if it is unnecessary.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!