Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 984: Boogie Board Racer & Grand Carnivale announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:14 am

Have any other Macks with the same train design closed since the incident like Manta or the ones in Europe?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby tndank » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm

They put a new piece behind the headrest and got CS back up and running this afternoon. Good news.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Glad they got it open again. Do you happen to have a picture of the new headrest piece?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby tndank » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 pm

I don't have one myself. I saw one or two pics on FB. It's a metal piece that covers about half the headrest on the back side. It appears the accident might have happened while getting in and out from the looks of the piece. Maybe she got a big slash or something while grabbing hold to enter or exit. That is complete speculation there and just a guess.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 am

^That's funny you say that. Over the weekend, every time I got out of the Copperhead Strike train, I thought that there should be some sort of handle bar to pull yourself up from. I also thought there should be a covering to the restraint mechanism because it looks like it could chew a finger up if they got too close.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 am

^^^ awesome photos

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:58 am

Was very happy to see that Copperhead Strike was back up and running in quick order over the weekend. It ended up being my son's 200th coaster, and his brand new favorite coaster of all time, dethroning Twisted Timbers. (Yes, he rode Fury. Yes, he still ranked CS higher. I'm not gonna argue with his subjective logic!)

IMG_6379.JPG
Hair-raisingly fun!

I might write up a whole trip report at some point in the future, but suffice it to say, it was a great weekend down in Virginia and the Carolinas. Even though the rain never really let up on Saturday, we made up for it by spending the majority of the day at a nearby Great Wolf Lodge and splashing the day away, then getting some hibachi Japanese for dinner. Sunday, the weather was perfect, and we managed to hit every single thing in the park, most multiple times. Shout out to the Fury 325 crew that was cranking out trains all day long and let us have a three-ride re-ride at the end of the night.

Last thing to note: the Mountain Gliders? LEGIT. Easiest snapping I've had at any park not located in the woody hills of Elysburg, PA. My son was getting huge swings by himself, and my daughter and I managed to get some massive bounces out of it. I didn't get a chance to do them on my first trip down there, but we're gonna make a point to hit them every time we visit from now on, and strongly urge all y'all to do the same.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:43 pm

Here's some more shots of Fury 325 from my trip two weeks ago

Last edited by B&MIntaminGCI on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:40 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby chschris1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Great photos! Looking forward to the future of this park. They have really up'ed the thrill factor in the last few years. I think this park could really benefit from a great woodie or RMC. It also would be great to see a few more stand out flats.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:19 am

Stunning pictures. I stole #3 for my laptop background picture.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!