Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 am

webcam return
https://pixelcaster.com/live/carowinds/https/cam1.html

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:22 pm

I might plan a spontaneous trip Friday Oct 19-22nd for the park on Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone know how reliable taxi or Uber is? I know it’s close to the airport so that’s a huge Uber hot spot I’d imagine, but I wanna make sure I’d have a way back to the hotel from the park.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:45 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I might plan a spontaneous trip Friday Oct 19-22nd for the park on Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone know how reliable taxi or Uber is? I know it’s close to the airport so that’s a huge Uber hot spot I’d imagine, but I wanna make sure I’d have a way back to the hotel from the park.

I've only used Uber around downtown and surrounding neighborhoods in Charlotte, but I can't imagine you'd have any problem at Carowinds.

Just a heads up, the park is closed during the day Friday the 19th, Scarowinds is open 7 p.m. to midnight that day. Park is open 10-5 on Saturday and Sunday with Scarowinds taking over 7-midnight. I went to Scarowinds last year and it was crazy crowded. Not sure about the daytime crowds during Scarowinds. We might go this year because we have platinum passes.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:I might plan a spontaneous trip Friday Oct 19-22nd for the park on Saturday & Sunday. Does anyone know how reliable taxi or Uber is? I know it’s close to the airport so that’s a huge Uber hot spot I’d imagine, but I wanna make sure I’d have a way back to the hotel from the park.

You have plenty of time, check the app a few times to see if there are Ubers around the park at the time and days you're looking for.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:56 am

How does Scarowinds work? Do I need a separate ticket or am I just able to stay in the park? Crowds don’t bother me as I’m used to GADV’s insane Fright Fest crowds and I’d 100% be Fast Lane Plusing.

Also seems to be tons of ubers that relax on Carowinds Boulevard as of what I just checked in the app.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:42 am

Yep, it's one of the few Cedar Fair parks where it is a seperate gated attraction. Unless you have a gold pass . . .

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:04 am

I've used Uber to get from the airport to the park and park to hotel with no issues. Airport to park was only about $20 and park to hotel was less than $10.

The driver doesn't have to pay for parking and there's a pick up spot by the buses near Fury's first elevated turn.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:55 am

^Awesome advics/information guys. Thank you. It’s starting to look way more like a yes, I just like to have everything solidified and thought about because I’ll be going alone.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:53 am

Looks like the park is making some kind of announcement today. ;)
(Edit)
It was posted yesterday, saying that it was tomorrow. But it says the 30th.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180829-105237_Facebook.jpg

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:36 am

^And the 30th is tomorrow, so two days from when it was posted. ;)

Excited for all the announcements tonight and tomorrow morning!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS