Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Tue May 28, 2019 10:38 am

Now seeing Steel Curtain in person I can not wait to ride this!!

Sunday was a good day at the park weather and crowd wise.

Only down falls were every coaster using one train and the staff was not very friendly for the most part. They seemed very disorganized. They kept scurrying around asking their supervisors what rides they should be on. I figure they would be scheduled.

The girl running the Whip could not have moved any slower... then proceeded to talk to the guy at the entrance of Exterminator for about 5 minutes before starting a new cycle.

I'll probably wait for them to get 2-3 new attractions before coming back here.

Tue May 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Have they made anymore progress on the track install? Seems to have come to a standstill which I don't understand since the weather is generally nice now.

Tue May 28, 2019 2:48 pm

DaMarkSta wrote:Have they made anymore progress on the track install? Seems to have come to a standstill which I don't understand since the weather is generally nice now.

If the new track isn't finished then there may not be new track to install

Thu May 30, 2019 10:30 am

There was track laying on the ground but they were not working on it at all Sunday.

Thu May 30, 2019 9:55 pm

DaMarkSta wrote:Have they made anymore progress on the track install? Seems to have come to a standstill which I don't understand since the weather is generally nice now.

I have seen pictures that show work was done last week. It looks like the other tower is complete and both tracks are installed inside the tower. They just need to finish the roll on the sea serpent and the track above. Hopefully another week and well see it finished.

Fri May 31, 2019 4:21 am

Progress as of yesterday!Image

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

Fri May 31, 2019 7:32 am

I'm throwing out a mid-July opening as my guess.

Intamin was able to fix their design flaw within a week on Maverick, wonder what is taking S&S so long ;)

Fri May 31, 2019 7:57 am

What design flaw are you suggesting Steel Curtain has?

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:58 am

Why is sky rocket SBNO?

Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:36 am

I have 2 tickets that expire 6/28 for Kennywood. Not sure I can post this on here or not. If anyone is interested I will sell both for a total of $40. Live in Alabama and can't make it up by then. Let me know.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS