Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 am

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/05/14/kennywood-potato-patch-fries-cheese-sauce/amp/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — It hit Western Pennsylvania like a massive cheddar sauce tsunami: social media abuzz over what happened regarding Kennywood park’s world-famous Potato Patch fries, specifically their cheese fries.

Sandra Calloway was one of many to notice and take to the world wide web, decrying an apparent cheese change at the popular food stand.

“I’m pretty passionate about my cheese. I knew immediately. They changed it. Ruined my day. Everybody was complaining about it,” Calloway told KDKA’s Ross Guidotti.

The whole ordeal left such a bad taste in her mouth, Calloway took to Facebook, posting, “yall this not potato patch cheese.”

Conspiracy theories flooded the next. Who changed the cheese? Was it the Bilderbergers or the Limburgers? Consternation was brewing in the calorie, carbohydrate and cholesterol-craving public.

“You seriously changed the cheese on the potato patch fries?!?! Are you guys crazy?” Amy Majewski posted on Facebook with a photo of Potato Patch fries.

However, in an effort to make amends for the Fromage faux pas, Kennywood announced on social media Tuesday afternoon that they’d decided to cut the cheese sauce and switch back to their original recipe.

“Kennywood’s Potato Patch will revert back to its traditional cheese sauce. Thank you for your feedback and passion; we wouldn’t be here without it!” the park tweeted.

“I’m glad Kennywood is getting the message don’t mess with tradition,” Calloway said of the park’s change back to the original formula.

KDKA has reached out to Kennywood for details about the controversy, but so far hasn’t heard back.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 am

Love it. Such an incredibly Pittsburgh thing for people to get up in arms over. Folks were calling it a yinzvestigation, just the best.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:55 am

I was surprised to see Kennywood was trending on Twitter this morning and was curious to find out why. Needless to say, this is the most "Pittsburgh-est" reason I could think of.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby middle_keeny » Wed May 15, 2019 10:15 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:I was surprised to see Kennywood was trending on Twitter this morning and was curious to find out why. Needless to say, this is the most "Pittsburgh-est" reason I could think of.

Pittsburgh Dad is filming and episode about this incident as we speak.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Pittsburgh is obsessed with cheese fries. I have never experienced such a thing anywhere else. Always there's ketchup available, maybe some places have malt vinegar. But in Pittsburgh, if you don't offer cheese fries, it's anathema. :lol: This brings back good memories of Kennywood.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby xChris125x » Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 am

Train 1 is complete
IMG_20190514_145500.jpg

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby skyrocket010 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:04 pm

The trains look amazing. I wish they would hurry up and finish this thing. I cannot wait to see it in action. Still can’t believe my home park has a new coaster. Especially one with these stats.

Postby bert425 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:13 pm

"Football" seats?

LOL. .
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu May 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Love the open design on the trains. This coaster is going to be so. much. fun.!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby PennStater » Thu May 16, 2019 1:26 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Love the open design on the trains. This coaster is going to be so. much. fun.!

And let's not forget we'll be going upside down NINE times in those open seats with lapbars including once at 197 feet in the air!! :airtime:
~ Lifetime Kennywood, Sandcastle, & Idlewild season pass holder! ~
Co-Owner of Kennywood Connection
Kennywood Rides team member since 2009 (August - December)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!