Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby crw16 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 pm

TheAmericanKnight wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:It would be kind of cool if there was a pre-ride video, and immersive theming in the station and up the lifthill, but the twist that the park was hiding is that its actually themed to the Cold War and the fear of the Arms Race and Mutually Assured Destruction. Then the post-credit scenes shows Putin interfering with our elections and controlling Trump like a puppet, showing that the Iron ("Steel") Curtain never really went away.

:lmao:

wtf. lol
it only gets better as you read it. .

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby crw16 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:15 pm

xChris125x wrote:
JG-77 wrote:looks funky and industrial, and it’s quite unique

Sounds like a perfect fit for Pittsburgh and Kennywood :)

yea, what he said. Its not as if the parks surrounded by lush palms and crystal blue lakes.

Have you seen Kennywood.... It sits adjacent to a highway/parking lot and atop the muddy Mon river across from a Steel Mill.

Its perfect (for us).

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Any word on when Steel Curtain will be opening? At the least, is it expected to be by early June? If so I will be visiting the park, and am wondering what crowds can expected to be like on:
A weekday in early June
A Saturday in early June

When I went last year in Sept it was a Sat and the park was quite crowded. Would like to avoid that if possible.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:50 am

crw16 wrote:
TheAmericanKnight wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:It would be kind of cool if there was a pre-ride video, and immersive theming in the station and up the lifthill, but the twist that the park was hiding is that its actually themed to the Cold War and the fear of the Arms Race and Mutually Assured Destruction. Then the post-credit scenes shows Putin interfering with our elections and controlling Trump like a puppet, showing that the Iron ("Steel") Curtain never really went away.

:lmao:

wtf. lol
it only gets better as you read it. .

Well, the original term "Steel Curtain" that Steelers fans used to describe their defense was a play on the nostalgia and fear of the Cold War and the Iron Curtain from shortly before. Isn't history and politics sexy?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby PennStater » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:36 pm

^^ I can tell you that the park wants to have it all ready for opening day. Will it actually happen? Probably not, but that's still what their ultimate goal is. I don't think even they know for sure yet with uncertainty around weather and who knows how many other factors.

P.S. I am speaking unofficially and have no real knowledge beyond what our operations manager told the ACE group that toured the construction site in December.
~ Lifetime Kennywood, Sandcastle, & Idlewild season pass holder! ~
Co-Owner of Kennywood Connection
Kennywood Rides team member since 2009 (August - December)

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Well, the original term "Steel Curtain" that Steelers fans used to describe their defense was a play on the nostalgia and fear of the Cold War and the Iron Curtain from shortly before. Isn't history and politics sexy?

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Well, the original term "Steel Curtain" that Steelers fans used to describe their defense was a play on the nostalgia and fear of the Cold War and the Iron Curtain from shortly before. Isn't history and politics sexy?

I prefer politics and nuclear tensions to literally never be on my mind when I am enjoying theme parks.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby xChris125x » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 pm

The bridge has been connected. Image courtesy of Kennywood on Facebook.
FB_IMG_1548355933639.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Samuel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:57 am

This is a real gem if you're from Pittsburgh, and I think TPR will dig it, too. It's a lot of footage from the classic documentary Kennywood Memories that didn't make the final cut, put together to make a new program that just debuted last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=2fHkbRSRCTI&fbclid=IwAR3Z7hQTyLIhuApPu8FlRoyx5e77_S5tCWRYAtkNUdjNAtycBOB9cRlJWPk

p.s. check out the stand-up experience on Thunderbolt!

For some reason I'm having trouble getting the video to work with tags. If anyone can edit this or successfully post the video, feel free.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:57 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:

Hahahaha. Perfect.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!