Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:46 am

This ride is really looking more and more impressive. I thought it was supposed to carry 24 passengers? The new animations look like a lot less
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:50 am

Hoping these shin guards are good for tall people and are more like Impulse shin guards and not RMC shin guards.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:21 am

^ The shin guards I find the worst are the ones on the Premier Sky Rocket II's. All other shin guards I've seen (including these ones from the photo) contour around the shin. On the Sky Rocket II's, it's that foam pad that is jammed against your leg.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:50 am

grsupercity wrote:This ride is really looking more and more impressive. I thought it was supposed to carry 24 passengers? The new animations look like a lot less

The animations show 6 cars of 4 people each... 24 passengers per train. Exactly what Kennywood described at their initial announcement.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ The shin guards I find the worst are the ones on the Premier Sky Rocket II's. All other shin guards I've seen (including these ones from the photo) contour around the shin. On the Sky Rocket II's, it's that foam pad that is jammed against your leg.

True those did suck. My frustration stems from Twisted Timbers not accommodating me this year while Tempesto did and I am blaming the shin guards because I'm tall (when it's probably 99% my guts fault). :lol:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby middle_keeny » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Two interesting observations:
1. Anyone else notice that the Steelers Logo has been removed from the logo with the bucket pouring steel. This would make the logo more marketable outside of 412.
2. There is a decent opening in the supports at the dive loop. It would be grand if Kennywood moved the bridge to go through the dive instead of keeping it behind it.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby kennywood_racer » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:33 am

middle_keeny wrote:Two interesting observations:
1. Anyone else notice that the Steelers Logo has been removed from the logo with the bucket pouring steel. This would make the logo more marketable outside of 412.

My guess is that the Steelers logo was removed from the Steel Curtain logo only for official S&S material. I doubt that they would also want to pay the Steelers/NFL a licensing fee if they wanted to use those animations for promotions. If you watch the new animations, the trains also lack the Steelers logo on the back of the car.

Just my guess.

I myself can not wait for Steel Curtain to open and can only hope it lives up to the hype and delivers a ride comparable in thrill to Phantom's Revenge.
ACE Member since 2006
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f01fb565c111aea8064bc69997573c70.jpg[/img][/url]

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 am

^It all ties back to NFL broadcast rights fees which includes internet distributed video. It will be interesting to see how this is handled once the coaster in completed and the official park material is released.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby xChris125x » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:38 pm

More progress! Images courtesy of Kennywood Connection.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 am

Not sure how good these deals are but Kennywood does have some decent deals online for their holiday sale. $33 one day tickets valid until September 15th. Anyone in the 55+ crowd looking for a one day ticket the holiday special is $13! Not bad in my opinion. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!