Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby Samuel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Philrad71 wrote:^ I was going to respond and say that it sounded a lot like Buffalo...with the exception of the beautiful skyline, famous (good) sports teams, great museums, schools, technology, banking, and Kennywood.

And then of course, throw in the sketchy neighborhoods, "Walmart people" Appalachian vibes that don't foster courteous efficiency as a virtue and toss in: Chicago-style crime for good measure.

Voila...that sounds just like Buffalo! :lmao:

PS: I will throw a bone out there that I intentionally left out food as I think that is one big highlight for Buffalo. That and what they are doing to clean up the waterfront downtown. Good stuff.

LOL, I have family in Buffalo, and do enjoy my visits there! I'd love a slice of La Nova pizza right about now...

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Samuel wrote:
larrygator wrote:
xChris125x wrote:Image

Yes, it was mentioned 5 days ago

If true, boy, ain't that just like Kennywood? Some of the terrain acrobatics and even the aesthetics shown on Lightning Rod and Outlaw Run just scream Kennywood all over. If a layout could be carved over the far hillside past Log Jammer and/or along the train hillside a la Boulder Dash, I can't imagine what nuttiness RMC could develop. Come on, Kennywood, be the second park to go for the Chance/Morgan-RMC super combo! Hey, no harm in a little daydreaming, right?

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:25 pm

If true, we could be looking at a potential *signature* attraction that "puts them on the map," per se. Something we haven't seen from Kennywood in over 15 years. Exciting stuff! :b

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:30 pm

I have to say, with that terrain this will be a great coaster engineering feat for RMC. I haven't been to Kolmarden, but this unused terrain around Kennywood is much steeper than the terrain where Boulder Dash and Lightning Run sit. I do really hope it is true.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby DILinator » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:37 pm

These are the kind of rumors I almost wish I didn't even hear, because they get me so excited for something that may not even have a shred of truth to it! Seriously, a terrain RMC at Kennywood, could be the greatest thing ever! Here's hoping there's fire with this smoke! :b

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:25 pm

knaiwear wrote:One of the coaster podcast owners (not sure if I'm allowed to name them here?) said they spotted Alan Shilke, Fred Grubb and some executives from KW walking around the Thunderbolt area today. Could this be the next Iron Horse conversion?

I believe that the person who said he spotted them has now admitted to making this whole thing up unfortunately, he, or someone who saw what he said,may also have submitted the rumor to Screamscape.

Postby DILinator » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:30 pm

RyanTPM wrote:
knaiwear wrote:One of the coaster podcast owners (not sure if I'm allowed to name them here?) said they spotted Alan Shilke, Fred Grubb and some executives from KW walking around the Thunderbolt area today. Could this be the next Iron Horse conversion?

I believe that the person who said he spotted them has now admitted to making this whole thing up unfortunately, he, or someone who saw what he said,may also have submitted the rumor to Screamscape.

See, this is why I said I don't like getting excited about rumors... :cry:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Well you still never know. Either way, RMC or something else, another signature-style coaster at Kennywood sure would be a nice addition.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:19 pm

https://www.kennywood.com/brews

The Inaugural Brews in the Park at Kennywood!
Saturday, September 24th - 4 to 8 p.m. (Rides begin at 2:00pm)

Stratwood Catering – the official Caterer of Kennywood Park – presents the first-ever craft beer festival to be held at ‘America’s Finest Traditional Amusement Park! Enjoy complimentary tastings of more than 100 delicious craft beers, live music performances, tasty treats to eat, and two hours of bonus riding time before the brews start pouring! *Brews in the Park is for guests age 21 and older only*

Tickets:
Brews in the Park Ticket – currently $29.99 during our early bird sale! Price increases to $49.99 on Monday, September 19.
  • Ticket includes tasting mug, complimentary beer samples, free hot dogs, and access to the Before the Brews bonus ride time from 2 – 4 p.m. Act now!
Brews/Phantom Fright Nights Combo Ticket
Enjoy everything Brews in the Park has to offer and get a bonus ticket for Kennywood’s Phantom Fright Nights for only $10 more!
unnamed (1).jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:53 pm

That's pretty cool considering the park has an odd policy on beer. I like the 21 and up thing too. Wish I could go.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!