Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Shane's Amusement Attic

Postby MrSum1_55 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:02 pm

With all these planned projects that never came to be, I am pretty sure all of the neighbors own decibel meters, and check them on a regular basis. They are probably waiting for the day when they will pick up ONE WHOLE DECIBEL from the park, and sue to have the place closed. A typical conversation goes like this:

Family member 1: OMG OMG OMG! ONE DECIBEL!
Family member 2: YOU'RE RIGHT! Let's sue!
Family member 3: Wait! That was just a car outside.
Family members 1 and 2: Awww!

So, when is CGA going to build Tunnel: The Ride? Lets see how locals complain about that one!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Why couldn't Paramount build the new Front Gate, now we are stuck with complaining offices on that location. Such ashame...
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Kumbarider1993 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:20 pm

I love the idea for the Beavis and butthead theme! =)

also, @Roco...HELLYEAH!

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:With all these planned projects that never came to be, I am pretty sure all of the neighbors own decibel meters, and check them on a regular basis. They are probably waiting for the day when they will pick up ONE WHOLE DECIBEL from the park, and sue to have the place closed. A typical conversation goes like this:

Family member 1: OMG OMG OMG! ONE DECIBEL!
Family member 2: YOU'RE RIGHT! Let's sue!
Family member 3: Wait! That was just a car outside.
Family members 1 and 2: Awww!

So, when is CGA going to build Tunnel: The Ride? Lets see how locals complain about that one!

I'd say let's extend Flight Deck to run right beyond the creek behind the neighbor's houses (and particularly that ugly blue house)...or build another hollow-spined (no sand) B&M coaster right there and run it along the whole creek. Or we can shelf the B&Ms altogether and somehow get S:EFK relocated up this way...that'll be some legit noise to worry about :)

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:13 am

montezooma wrote:
RoCo wrote:This is museum-quality material. Just awesome. Thanks so much for sharing all this.

Personally, I think the "Beavis and Butthead Do Great America" concept is hysterical and brilliant, and considering that new episodes are coming soon (can I get a HELLYEAH?!), it would have held up well as a theme. But that's just me. ;)

Burning question: Was "Stealth" ever really intended to have a "Mission: Impossible" theme, as has long been rumored?

It was discussed for Stealth to be a Mission Impossible theme. As a matter of fact "Stealth" was the name given to the project while negotiating was done to get the license. Tom Cruise is a major partner in that franchise and he is the one that killed the deal not Paramount.

That's really interesting Shane, as far as I'm aware, Thorpe Parks' Stealth was only a project name too, at the last minute they dropped "the edge" after printing ride signs and merchandising and went back to Stealth.

So it's been the backup plan twice!

Dave

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 am

The Aftershock and Alienator concepts looked awesome, I love the whole "destroyed city" thing! When I saw that the Brady Bunch was a considered theme for this ride, I couldn't stop laughing, epically at that name! :lmao: If I saw a or heard of a roller coaster called "Groovy Train", I would automatically think its lame. For the ride its self, it looked kind of boring to me, its drop, hill, turnaround, hill, hill, turnaround, brakes. The elevator lift would of been cool, but unless there some great airtime or laterals, I think it would just be a short version of Wildthing, fun, but not the awesome ride you think it would be.
Hm, I see...

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:14 am

I'd have to agree on the themes...the best one (to me anyway) was the Aftershock theme...so fitting being in CA. I think I mentioned this before, it looks like it would have been another one of those 'short' coasters much like Vortex and Flight Deck (not that Flight Deck being a shorter coaster's a bad thing because that ride packs a punch, and any longer of a ride on Vortex in its rough state would be more of a headache coming off).

What I do wonder is that if this coaster had come into reality, what reliability would have been like (being, the elevator system). I'm no expert/engineer but I can almost see that being a first of its kind and lifting that much train up quite a distance, I can almost forsee a lot of down time...no pun intended :)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby stingrock23 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Gotta say, this thread is all kinds of awesome. Thanks for all the pics. I just totally nerded out to all the old WDW pics.
2007 TPR Midwest Trip,2008 TPR East Coast Trip,2009 TPR Deep South Trip

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Angry_Gumball wrote:What I do wonder is that if this coaster had come into reality, what reliability would have been like (being, the elevator system). I'm no expert/engineer but I can almost see that being a first of its kind and lifting that much train up quite a distance, I can almost forsee a lot of down time...no pun intended :)

Of course with all prototype systems there are going to be problems to work out but all in all this really wasn’t any new sophisticated system, nothing more than a transfer track that moved vertically rather than horizontally.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:47 am

Those were very interesting concept drawings and theme ideas! It's too bad that it wasn't approved to be built.

I think the Aftershock theme would've been the best for that ride in that area, and the idea of the 'evacuation vehicle' being knocked back down to the ground was creative. I wonder what other themes would've worked with that ride, and what other parks would've considered using this ride if it was successful...
Doesn't know how to spell 'Enthusiast'... or 'Hyundai'.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!