Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 am

:lmao: Perfect! Looking good too, really fits the place.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue May 15, 2018 4:36 am

Mike240SX wrote:And finally, the retro arcade in the basement of the Boardwalk Mall is no more...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo. Dammit, I knew it was coming, but I was still holding out hope that they'd figure out some way to make it work. That place was a goddamned gem, even if the owner's stance on photography was a little nuts.

Glad to see WW went up super quick. I hope I can get the family down there sometime within the next month or two. My wife and my littlest still haven't made the journey down, and we definitely need to rectify that this spring or summer.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 15, 2018 5:33 am

boldikus wrote:Well, that escalated quickly.

whizzerup.jpg

I really like these. It’s great to see one at Moret’s (especially with this cool lighting package).

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 am

^ Yeah at first I was like "are those lights?" and then I looked at other installations and didn't see any and was like "Doh! Its Moreys, of course they are lights!"

coneyislandchris wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:And finally, the retro arcade in the basement of the Boardwalk Mall is no more...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo. Dammit, I knew it was coming, but I was still holding out hope that they'd figure out some way to make it work. That place was a goddamned gem, even if the owner's stance on photography was a little nuts.

Yeah Randy got the boot but was apparently trying to buy the building and now is involved in a lawsuit w/ the sellers and new owners - he's on Facebook and he talks about the building/suit quite a bit on his page (just search Randy Senna, his page is mostly public, and he's just as crazy on there as he is in person). All of his games/etc are off site, he needs to get some sort of game operator license to open an arcade off the boardwalk.

I love Moreys so much (news flash lol) and I am so stoked to get down this weekend. Totally working for the weekend over here.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 15, 2018 7:14 am

Sad to see that place go. I really hope he can find another place because it's so refreshing to have an arcade not named Dave & Buster's.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby boldikus » Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 am

Well, it isn't like there's a shortage of arcades (not named D&B) on the Wildwood boardwalk. :lol:

In all honesty, Gateway 26 (right across from Surfside) is easily the best arcade on the boardwalk imo, and that's with or without the retro arcade.

This "new" boardwalk mall should be interesting. Word around the island is they'll have a 2 floor arcade on the upper level but otherwise they're having issues finding tenants, and the ones in there already are more of the same-old: t-shirt, sunglasses, and other junk shops, just like before. They also got rid of the Walking Taco stand, which seemed to piss a lot of people off.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Mike240SX » Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am

I know the operators of the Walking Taco stand. Reason it's not back? Landlord wanted to increase their rent by $15k a month.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby boldikus » Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 am

That's ridiculous.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 am

boldikus wrote:Well, it isn't like there's a shortage of arcades (not named D&B) on the Wildwood boardwalk. :lol:

In all honesty, Gateway 26 (right across from Surfside) is easily the best arcade on the boardwalk imo, and that's with or without the retro arcade.

I'll have to try Gateway 26 the next time I'm down there. I remember seeing that arcade and mistakenly thinking it was just the modern stuff of D&B.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Mike240SX » Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 am

It is, mostly. They've got like 2 classic machines. And a TON of redemption games. Just like D&B.

Honestly the best arcade for real video games in the tri-state area is probably Barcade on Frankford in Philly.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!