Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Looking forward to our two nights at Wildwood the second week of June.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:06 am

They're not even open and they don't even have to do this cool sh*t cause there's like 17 people in Wildwood right now (lol) but they do it anyway cause Moreys is awesome.
stpattyswheel.jpg
Happy St Patricks Day!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Card » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:47 am

boldikus wrote:They're not even open and they don't even have to do this cool sh*t cause there's like 17 people in Wildwood right now (lol) but they do it anyway cause Moreys is awesome.

That's rad.

Also, for anyone in the know, can the tickets be used over multiple days? I'll be staying a few nights down in Cape May during the first weekend of June and I was going to intersperse my visits to the boardwalk among other things in the area (super-exciting bird photography!), so that idea holds some appeal to me.

Postby boldikus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:43 am

They don't actually use paper tickets anymore. You get a card loaded up when you buy any amount of tickets, and you scan the barcode each time you ride something. You can reload the card if you run low. The wristbands also have barcodes on them and you scan those when you board. So yes to your question.

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:00 am

Not directly Moreys related but here's something new to do this summer on the back bays in Wildwood, only 10 minutes away from the piers/beach/boardwalk.

Wildcard Watersports set to launch in May

Captain Phil Swetsky is reshuffling the deck!

The owner of CPS Marine Services is set to launch Wildcard Watersports this Spring, bringing a wide variety of leisure and entertainment options to the back bays.

As the name suggests, the new venture will include on-the-water activities such as tubing, wake boarding and water skiing.

But, Wildcard will also feature leisure and "Booze Cruises" (with stops at dockside bars and restaurants), historical tours and Friday Night Fireworks outings.

Wildcard Watersports will officially launch on May 20.

Reservations are already being accepted at 609-970-8373.

For additional info and updates, check out Wildcard Watersports on Facebook.

Wildwater3.jpg

Wildwater4.jpg

Wildwater.jpg

Booze cruise is right up my alley.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:30 am

Has the park reopened yet?

If so has anyone ridden TGNE after the retracking?
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:33 am

Yes and no.

As explained two pages back (and many times before that) the piers open in a staggered fashion every year.

boldikus wrote:Opening Day is Saturday April 8th, only Mariners will open and remain open weekends through May when Surfside gets in on the action on Saturday May 13th. Finally, Adventure Pier will also open Saturday May 20th. Raging Waters (on Mariners) will open Memorial Day Weekend and Ocean Oasis (Surfside) will finally open Saturday June 17th. Note that Adventure and Surfside Piers begin full day, daily operation in mid June with only weekend/night hours until then.

So yes, Mariners Pier did open this past weekend, but The Great Nor'easter is on Surfside Pier which is not scheduled to open until May 13th. No grand opening for the newly tracked ride has been announced yet, so I won't assume May 13th is the official opening until the park announces that, but according to the website calendar/hours, Surfside Pier is closed until then.

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:06 am

We have testing

Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:13 pm.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:34 am

Looks great!

I'm confident this will greatly improve the ride experience!
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 pm

I look forward to giving it a try when they open it but I still have low hopes for this. I hope my expectations are exceeded. Its also driving my OCD up a wall that they didnt at least paint the trains to match the new paint on the supports. The red train looks like crap now, imo.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!