Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:16 am

The gulls tend to congregate over the Great Whites spotlights @ night. So not only are night rides more intense because she's warmed up from running all day but also because of the looming fear you might get shitted on.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 am

^ Aw man, I didn't realize you would've been down. I was in Wildwood Saturday/Sunday morning and went to Morey's Piers for the first time. I only had two hours, so it was a race to get all six of the credits. We had enough time to grab a ride on Kong to close the night out. A fun night, wish I had more time to spend there but I was with others who wanted to do some shopping / dining in Cape May beforehand.

Overall I really enjoyed it! I'm such a sucker for a great boardwalk, and Morey's blows all of the other NJ ones out of the water for me. Two main notes:

- Great White was the major surprise of the trip. I was expecting a mediocre ride but was really caught offguard with some of the airtime and laterals. Significantly better than I had anticipated!
- The new restraints on the Great Nor'easter really help almost make an SLC enjoyable. Almost. I still left with some back pains from the rattling.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:33 am

^ Ahh what a bummer.

My trip was spontaneous. The missus was down all week last week for vacation @ her moms place in the Villas, and I was tossing it back and forth whether or not I was going to go. I woke up Saturday early as hell with leftover tickets from last weekend burning a hole in my pocket and said 'screw it' jumped on an express bus and met up with her, and after catching up with my folks we went right up to the boards in the afternoon. Came back, ate dinner at the dive bar on the corner of my parents block, and went back again to the boards til after midnight.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself tho! I can never get enough of Morey's and Wildwood in general.

The Great White kicks so much ass, so much better at night and it really makes a difference with a full train. Our afternoon ride was half empty and while it was fun, it crawled. I always sit in the back for good airtime on the drop out of the station and that yank over the drop. The bunnyhills are nice for air too but that turn right before them is brutal! Jackhammer express! I really think that the best airtime on anything on all three piers is the Screaming Swing. I'm addicted and the ops know me now LOL.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:37 pm

I305forever wrote:Cool photos. Judging by them (I have never been there) it seems like they would have enough space to build that woodie they have been talking about for the past 5 years or even an RMC.

Screamscape hasn't updated anything about it since 2014. Safe to say that it's probably not leaving the drawing board. Hope I am wrong though.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:48 pm

Glad to see this pop up to the top of the board. I'm in Wildwood this weekend for the big beach ultimate frisbee tournament again. Really wish I could buy a cheaper unlimited rides pass just for the Great White, did everything else last year but that ride is a major highlight and so re-rideable. Besides Kohr brothers, pizza, and the beach, we have a free day on Monday, anything in south jersey that is worth seeing?
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:33 am

^ The new Kong flyers are awesome, I'm a big fan. If you haven't had a Beaver Tail they now have a new stand at the front of Adventure Pier. I just tried them and they were good. Idaho Potatoes for fries (at Schllenger, across from Mariners, between Khor Bros & Chickies) are the best on the boards. Yes, better than Curley's. If you dig arcades Gateway 26 is the best. Huge, tons of old school games, tons of cranes (my fave) and most for only a quarter, unlike everywhere else on the boardwalk. If you want to get off the island not far is the Cape May Zoo which is awesome. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank. If you get pizza get Macks.

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:30 am

I thought this was pretty cool and worth posting here.

Harlem Globetrotters stars Sweet J Ekworomadu and Bull Bullard visited Morey’s Piers in Wildwood, NJ, to attempt a trick shot from the top of the heart-pounding AtmosFEAR ride. Elevated 150-feet from the boardwalk, Sweet J hit the astonishing shot with nothing but net, becoming the first member of the world-famous basketball team to make a basketball hoop from an amusement ride. Sweet J is the 12th female member in Globetrotters history since the team was founded in 1926. The Globetrotters will be at the Wildwoods Convention Center in the summer of 2015 from July 29 - Aug. 1.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:08 am

I'll be down here for a few days in the middle of August. I can't wait to ride the Great White again. It really is such an awesome coaster with a great backdrop.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:15 am

Im here now. I can't believe they don't allow single riders on the log flume. What the hell is that?
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 am

Strange. Why wouldn't they just put you in a boat with a couple of other riders?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!