Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 am

^^ Seems like they are installing Kong as the centerpiece of the new flying scooters. I am actually in Wildwood a good bit off season but haven't gotten down yet since the piers closed in September.

Postby boldikus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:26 am

No update on the new Flyers but Morey's just posted this photo of Mariners Landing to their page. Wildwood got 8 inches of snow yesterday/today. Cool photo.

I was down for Xmas and popped up on 26th Street (Surfside, where the Flyers are going) to try to check out any construction, but they fence off the piers where they meet the boardwalk and we couldn't see much from there.
moreys in snow.jpg

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby terdferg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:51 pm

I've given up hope that the new woodie will ever be built

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:47 pm

^^ All the same, it's a neat winter shot of any pier's midway.

Thanks for sharing it. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby boldikus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:24 am

Morey's just posted these pics of the new Flyers arriving on their FB page. If you haven't been following along KONG will be the centerpiece (and name) of the ride, and the entire thing is being built on top of a store. Between the themeing, the fact you'll be an additional 20 feet off the ground while riding, and those ocean winds, this has the potential to be one of the best installations of this ride.

I'm so stoked, hoping to get down one weekend in May, though I'm sure they're aiming for a Memorial Day weekend opening.

Postby boldikus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 am

Sorry for the doublepost, but this photo gives you an idea of how high off the pier these Flyers will be. And consider the pier itself is 20+ feet above the beach. Add in those ocean winds and you've got a big bucket of amazing. So stoked. (photo courtesy of Wildwood365)

Postby boldikus » Fri May 08, 2015 8:01 am

Yeah so sorry that I'm the ONLY one posting in this thread but they posted this cool video about the new KONG flyers on their Youtube channel.

Also this screenshot I just took off Morey's FB page is definitely worth sharing. To everyone that has given up all hope of Morey's getting a new coaster... there is hope!
moreys.jpg

Postby terdferg » Fri May 08, 2015 8:56 am

I would love to think that RMC coming onto the scene is the cause of the delay. I mean, a zero g stall over the beach between piers would rule.

Postby boldikus » Sat May 09, 2015 7:24 am

^ Its a great idea but I doubt it. I just don't see Morey's going with them. For some reason I'd rather see Great White get RMC'd over a brand new custom RMC (and I say this as a HUGE fan of the Great White but could you imagine!?).

My pipe dream is for them to rip out the Nor'easter since there is practically zero chance of the Sea Serpent coming out simply because it and the Giant Wheel are the "iconic" Morey's structures, and put in a mega-lite or a Eurofighter. Fat chance on either tho because of how the Nor'easter is basically built in and around the water park.

Bottom line they need something new as far as coasters go. Next year it will be 20 years since the Great White went in.

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby terdferg » Sat May 09, 2015 7:28 am

It's crazy to think that it's been 20 years. I remember when the great white was built.

I remember seeing kamikaze (even though that was hunts pier) from the beach being too young to ride. I'm glad I finally got ride it (in sfog) this year and have to say it's better than the nor Easter by far.

My dream would be topper track on great white and custom rmc for the dual pier woodie. The topper track sections on Georgia cyclone were el toro smooth.

I just never really see lines at moreys so I'm sure financially a huge coaster to them is like an average family buying a new car.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!