Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Wed May 14, 2014 6:18 am

DirkFunk wrote:I haven't been to Morey's Piers in 10 years, but wanding me for loose articles in secure pockets and OTSRs on a wild mouse guarantees that I won't be heading back anytime soon either. Stuff like that is specifically what drives me away from being a park nerd and go take on other pursuits.

It was when boarding the SLC, not the wild mouse.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed May 14, 2014 6:45 am

No, I get that it was on Nor'easter. I still think it's complete garbage. They can do whatever they want to, and they'll do it without obtaining money from me. I'd rather spend my money with someone who doesn't treat me with complete disdain, and luckily there's still a lot more of those sorts ranging the gamut of theme parks to adventure outfitters. But good for them bleeding money from people. I'm sure we'll see that return in vast improvements to Jersey Junkyard and Great White's track bed.

Postby boldikus » Wed May 14, 2014 6:53 am

I totally hear ya. I'm regularly in town anyway and don't always hit the piers, not for lack of trying. Just depends on weather and who I'm with but I have watched this entire operation slowly change with the times over 30 some years not only in term of style of rides but security, policies, etc. So these things didn't really bother me. The wanding was weird tho. I'm thinking they've wised up to the fact that they can make a bit more coin by having fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and forcing people to pay to lock up loose items. Wish I got a photo of the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo so I could see if anyone had noticed them before.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:10 am

But that is the case in most US parks that you have to pay for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo to store loose items while most EU parks have free storage on the ride plattform. The latter coming with no liability of course but never noticed anything getting stolen. Overall I think that while in the US the slogan "For Your Convenience..." is plastered everywhere I think here in the EU parks are far more costumer friendly and not making a fuss about it than most parks in the US...

Generally reading "For Your Convenience..." in the US I always think "Uh-Oh, now something very inconvenient for me will come along!"

Postby boldikus » Wed May 14, 2014 8:32 am

I enter a park knowing that I'm going to be riding things where I shouldn't have loose items on me. I don't see the point in a fanny or back pack. Does one really need a bunch of junk to carry around all day? Unless you have kids (and need to bring stuff like diapers, bottles etc), why would you take anything else with you besides wallet/keys/phone? In WW I'm within walking distance to my folks home so I don't bring anything but those three things and maybe sunglasses. At SFGav same and if I have anything else on me (like lunch, which I cant take in anyway) I leave it in the car and run out to the lot if I need to.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed May 14, 2014 11:56 am

boldikus wrote:I enter a park knowing that I'm going to be riding things where I shouldn't have loose items on me. I don't see the point in a fanny or back pack. Does one really need a bunch of junk to carry around all day? Unless you have kids (and need to bring stuff like diapers, bottles etc), why would you take anything else with you besides wallet/keys/phone? In WW I'm within walking distance to my folks home so I don't bring anything but those three things and maybe sunglasses. At SFGav same and if I have anything else on me (like lunch, which I cant take in anyway) I leave it in the car and run out to the lot if I need to.

I always carry a bag. I do not like things in my pockets - but I am weird. Also I carry meds, a towel, sun screen, etc. All of this won't fit in my pockets ;) Now keep in mind this is for parks that have water rides and a traditional amusement/theme park. Something like this - a beach park. I would keep all of that in my car granted I get a close enough parking place.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby boldikus » Thu May 15, 2014 11:47 am

As promised, just in time for TBT, here's a shot of my Dad and I on my first ever coaster.

"The Flyer", Hunt's Pier, Wildwood. Photo is dated 1982.
joedadFLYERsml.jpg
Sure looks like we're riding in the back, some things never change. :)

Postby boldikus » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 am

In town for the weekend and took a brief solo stroll up to the boardwalk yesterday afternoon for some amazing Macks Pizza, some Kohr Bros custard, and of course took a ride on the "big three" coasters we have here. Weather was gorgeous - very warm, upper 70s with a great sea breeze coming in off the ocean.

The Great White (woodie) hasn't been opened the other few times Ive been in town this year so I did it two times yesterday, my first and last ride of the day. It was great! Both of my rides were in the back seat, both times were walk ons, and it ran super smooth and really fast and was the highlight of my day (beside the pizza and custard). Some nice airtime going over the drop in the backseat and a few nice pops on the bunny hops toward the end. Directly in front of me was a guy my age with his young son (maybe 6-8 yrs old?) who was riding for the first time. Its always fun to witness this, especially how scared the kid seemed during the ride but then how stoked he was after we pulled back into the station.

I continued down the boardwalk and felt up to a bit of torture in the back seat of the Sea Serpent (boomerang) after which I officially denounced all boomerangs from now on and forever. It's been real, but that's where this relationship ends! Then down further to the Great Nor'easter (SLC) which was running insanely rough in the back row to the point I actually was a little worried the train was going to tear apart mid-ride. Note: I was once again "wanded" while boarding this ride, but not on either of the other two coasters.

After a stop for some of my favorite pizza I did the Great White again followed by a delicious custard and headed back home. The Great White is a great little coaster and a great way to end the day.
white.jpg

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby terdferg » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:11 am

With the constant delays of the new coaster, I wonder if the park is looking to other manufacturers; cough RMC cough. The bridge between two piers screams for a zero g stall like on Goliath. Being totally inverted over people walking to the beach would be amazing. Also, theoretically, it would require less money to maintain. The salt air is not kind to rides and for Morey's an RMC over a GCI would be a better bet. It would also set the ride apart from the great white.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby jetsplumber » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:44 am

anybody here going to Moreys "coastin by the ocean" in aug 16+17?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!