Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 am

http://rcdb.com/2927.htm

Its just a standard Wild Mouse, which I hate the layout of. Mostly lateral forces which I can do without (I am a fan of drops and airtime). I haven't ridden it in years but when I did they had needless OTSRs that I barely fit into and it was extremely painful. Not to mention my knees hitting the front of the car the entire time. As soon as we started up the lift I regretted even stepping foot onto it. The entire ride was PAIN. Maybe it is enjoyable for someone smaller but at 6'2 I was dying and will never step foot upon it again.

Side note: same story for Kingda Ka, which I also almost didn't fit into, but at least the pain was worth saying I rode the tallest on earth, etc. The Doo Wopper can crumble to the ground and I wouldn't even shrug that's how little I like it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue May 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Are they not allowing any loose articles on Great Nor'Easter? It will be annoying if I can't take my phone and keys with me on the ride. I always wear shorts with a zippered pocket so there is no chance of them falling out.

Postby alilstronger » Tue May 13, 2014 2:36 pm

^ Last summer when I went if they saw you carrying anything they would not let you take it on. I just put my phone, wallat, keys in my pockets before getting to the platform.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm

I really hope that policy does not spread. I also hope it's temporary, like maybe for some reason they have an increased need to disallow loose articles, so they're doing this until they can put in a better solution like more netting.

I'm not a fan of the family coasters at Morey's, or the Boomerang. Zamperla mice are particularly terrible compared to other mice. It's more a place to go for the flats and dark rides, the location and the atmosphere. But it's definitely worth fitting into a coaster trip. Are there any updates on the new woodie, or is it still delayed indefinitely?
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby boldikus » Tue May 13, 2014 4:19 pm

YoshiFan wrote:Are they not allowing any loose articles on Great Nor'Easter? It will be annoying if I can't take my phone and keys with me on the ride. I always wear shorts with a zippered pocket so there is no chance of them falling out.

That sure is what it seems. They had fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo near the queue. I didn't notice these last year so they could very well be new. I was lucky to be with my folks who were not riding so I just instinctively handed them my keys and camera before I walked up and got scanned w/ the wand. Edit: I just noticed in the photo I posted of the sign/queue that dude w/ black backwards hat and black/grey shirt on is being scanned by the attendant.

cal1br3tto wrote: Are there any updates on the new woodie, or is it still delayed indefinitely?

My mom works for the city and I'm always bugging her for inside info. All she has heard through the pipeline it is in fact delayed indefinitely. :/ My latest fantasy is they are trying to work out something with RMC. :)

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm

^You never know! For some reason I thought it started out as a rumored Gravity Group project, but it looks like it was rumored or stated to be GCI since at least 2008, before I even knew about it, so maybe it was just my imagination.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby boldikus » Tue May 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Pretty sure it was always supposed to be GCI.

Postby boldikus » Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Not sure if this has been posted, but was farting around on YT and found this gem I caught a few years back. Worth checking out if you haven't.

Wildwood circa 1986.

I certainly remember this WW as a kid, but oh how it has changed. At the beginning is a really rough POV of The Flyer, the first coaster I ever rode. Speaking of which, I found some pictures this weekend @ my moms of my Dad and I riding it which I'm going to scan.

At 3:45 is the Golden Nugget, an awesome classic dark ride/mine coaster a lot of people fought unsuccessfully to save, and which the trains, track etc now reside at Knoebels as Black Diamond. And at 6:18 is the Jumbo Jet one of the 2nd or 3rd coasters I ever rode.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 13, 2014 6:46 pm

^ Great video! And I loved the dark ride-mine coaster attraction.
Very cool idea. Wish my home park figured out something like that, lol.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed May 14, 2014 6:17 am

I haven't been to Morey's Piers in 10 years, but wanding me for loose articles in secure pockets and OTSRs on a wild mouse guarantees that I won't be heading back anytime soon either. Stuff like that is specifically what drives me away from being a park nerd and go take on other pursuits.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!