Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:02 pm

^It does still get mixed reviews--some say it's equally rough, just without the headbanging. I really enjoyed it for an SLC, and I'm not even sure if it was only due to the restraints. It's also in a more fun setting than some.

Shame about the Great White rides reported in August. I could certainly see it being due to the un-filled trains, but I loved it when I rode it, even when I was the only one riding. Maybe it's a day-to-day thing or also weather-related.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:39 pm

It's not that bad, it's not the smoothest roller coaster, but it's definitely better than it was when it was all pink and had the previous restraints.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:13 am

I think the Great White is a great coaster. I was glad I bought the unlimited bracelet when I was there because I rode it about 10 times.

Also the SLC there is probably my favorite one. The restraints are comfortable and sitting in the front was fun because it feels like you are going to run right into all of the supports.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby yankeeman311 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 am

Honestly the Great Nor Easter is the best SLC/invert I've ever ridden. I prefer it to all the B&M inverts I've ridden (Batman, Great Bear, Raptor, Dragon Challenge). It's more intense than the last 3, isn't really rough and doesn't have the Gs that hurt your legs like Batman does.

As for Great White I think it's at least a middle of the pack but imo an above average woodie. Personally it's in my top 5 woodies though I have a small list. The views and surprising airtime are both plusses for me but you have to ride this at night because it's one of those coasters that has a special nighttime ride experience with the view of the beach and the look of the ride.
The end of an era and the rise of a new one:
#1 overall coaster from 2008-2013: El Toro
#1 overall coaster from 2013-present: Skyrush

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 am

The new trains on the G. Nor'easter have GREATLY improved the ride. Rode it hundreds of times before and after, and the new restrains make it entirely different ride. Even my fiance, who always avoided it due to the headbanging, rode it with me last summer and couldn't believe the difference. The only other SLC I've ridden was Batman @ SFGA and hated it compared to the Great Nor'easter. I wish all OTSR were similar to the ones on the G.N.

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:12 am

It is an insanely intense ride, especially compared to the other two larger coasters on the island (Sea Serpent/Great White), but I think its mostly because of how tight the layout is. I know it by heart at this point but you are dodging the supports throughout the ride. I'm sure to a first time rider its a little overwhelming. It's also got one of my favorite drops (best in the back).
Last edited by boldikus on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:28 am.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:14 am

^^The only SLC called Batman is in Mexico, the other Batmans are B&M inverted coasters
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:18 am

you're right sorry. its early and im just having my coffee.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:22 am

^They're both inverted coaster, so probably that was the reason for the confusion.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:26 am

rcjp wrote:^They're both inverted coaster, so probably that was the reason for the confusion.
I'm also recently diving back into the coaster world for the first time since I was a kid and getting familiar with terminology still. :?r

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!