Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:38 am

Mini report! Was down again for the weekend and got up early AF Sunday morning to head to the beach for sunrise. Got this wicked pano from atop one of the lifeguard stands.

WWpanoJuly2019.jpg

I was only on the piers for about 2 hours Saturday afternoon. In that time I did IT a half dozen times, Kong & Great White once a piece and the Screamin' Swing 4 times, had 1 slice of Macks and 1 small mint+chocolate twist from Kohr. Saw absolutely no signs of life from Runaway Tram. It's kind of super lame but oh well.

IMG-1755.JPG

OK soooo I'm pretty sure they reprogrammed the cycle on IT to make it run even longer. Good god. After 3 consecutive cycles, IT broke, so I rode Kong once and then stalked maintenance over at IT until IT reopened. As soon as IT was back up I walked over and right on the ride, and while I thought they'd make me wait for more riders to show up, they just loaded me and sent me up alone. My first ever zen ride, awesome stuff. Got another 2 rides before it developed a short line and I moved on.

IMG-1753.JPG

Lunch. Macks was very busy, as it should be.

TGWstation.JPG

One train ops on The Great White.

IMG-1763.JPG

Dessert.

IMG-1796.JPG

One more sunrise shot from Sunday morning. Sounds like I'll be back in two weeks!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:40 am

Nice report!

Sucks about Runaway Tram. Really doesn't seem like the type of ride that should get delayed as much as it has.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:44 am

Looks all ready to go. All I keep hearing is its waiting for the OK from the state.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:14 am

I still can't believe you actually went to the beach. Proud of you...

PS: That last shot is insane. If that's not in the calendar then WTF are you even doing?

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:22 pm

You should be proud. I had to take not one but to showers Sunday to convince myself I'd cleaned all the sand out of my toes. *shudders*

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 pm

^ :lmao: Isn't the point of a boardwalk so you can be next to the ocean and not get sand in your toes?

Great photos, btw.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:51 pm

I’ll never understand you people. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:44 pm

boldikus wrote:OK soooo I'm pretty sure they reprogrammed the cycle on IT to make it run even longer. Good god. After 3 consecutive cycles, IT broke, so I rode Kong once and then stalked maintenance over at IT until IT reopened. As soon as IT was back up I walked over and right on the ride, and while I thought they'd make me wait for more riders to show up, they just loaded me and sent me up alone. My first ever zen ride, awesome stuff. Got another 2 rides before it developed a short line and I moved on.

Out of curiosity, does "it" often breakdown? I remember it breaking down a few times the one time I went to Morey's.

But that's crazy to hear they made an already awesome frisbee even better.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:52 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
Out of curiosity, does "it" often breakdown?

In my experience, yes. But isn't that generally a prerequisite for most kick-ass rides?

It was down a good chunk of the season last year (including the entire weekend Bill & Brit visited, but they got on this year). They did do some refurb this last off season in addition to the new paint/LEDs, and it seems a bit more reliable this year, but almost every visit this season its broken on me once. They get it back up and running pretty quickly though so I always do something else nearby and come back.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ :lmao: Isn't the point of a boardwalk so you can be next to the ocean and not get sand in your toes?

Great photos, btw.

This guy gets it. :lol: And thanks.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:00 am

It sh*t itself mid-cycle a few years ago while we were on it apparently but I uh... don't remember much about that experience (or anything that happened that afternoon). :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!