Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:47 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Holiday Question: was any Holiday Decorating done, of any kind/type/etc. in/on Galaxy's Edge?

Thought I would ask, thanks. :mickey:

I was going to make a comment or joke about the (apparently hated) Star Wars Holiday Special but I don't know enough about Star Wars to come up with anything.

Again, I have no knowledge of the Star Wars universe outside of seeing some of the films, I'd assume if they want to keep Galaxy Edge as immersive as it is, they'd have to use that as a basis but if it's that hated they might just avoid it altogether.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:33 am

I don't recall seeing any Christmas theming in Galaxy's Edge, so if they had anything, it was very subtle.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:36 am

Well I mean... did Jesus die for the sins of earthlings specifically or was this like a galaxy-wide deal? Maybe the residents of Batuu got shafted and they're salty about it.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:36 am.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:14 am

Those on Batuu are salty because they did not get that rumored RMC for 2020 that everyone in the galaxy was talking about. ;)

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:42 am

coasterbill wrote:Well I mean... did Jesus die for the sins of earthlings specifically or was this like a galaxy-wide deal? Maybe the residents of Batuu got shafted and they're salty about it.

Even Robot Santa and Bender could tell you Christmas is galaxy-wide. Unfortunately, you have been very naughty.
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 818 times

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Garet wrote:I was going to make a comment or joke about the (apparently hated) Star Wars Holiday Special but I don't know enough about Star Wars to come up with anything.

Well, if you can stomach it, here's the full special -

And if you can't stomach it, this video bottles it down to 13 minutes of the most notorious parts -

I've watched it twice at this point in my life. Once when I was much younger, and once a year ago under the influence of significant amounts of alcohol. I regret nothing.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:16 pm

I knew the Holiday Special was bad, but I never realized it was over 90 minutes in length!

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:59 pm

My nightmare of it, was when "Maude" appeared in it! :omg:

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:01 pm

coasterbill wrote:Well I mean... did Jesus die for the sins of earthlings specifically or was this like a galaxy-wide deal? Maybe the residents of Batuu got shafted and they're salty about it.
Attachments
hesrightyouknow.jpg
Thanks to whoever you are, in tiny print, for this.
hesrightyouknow.jpg (52.21 KiB) Viewed 628 times

Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:52 pm

A group of fans actually put together a Life Day meetup at Galaxy's Edge, which included re-writing Christmas carols into Life Day-themed songs. One of the YouTubers I follow got the whole day on video. It was an unofficial event, but Disney was chill with it and I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen again. Chewbacca was very, very pleased by all the attention he got that day, too, lol.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS