Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 903: Spider-Man attraction concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I thought they just changed all that configuration, and put the queues more in front of the attraction than around the mountain, like before? I don't think it goes that way any more, as you posted. And I do remember those lines, back in 2016.

You're correct, this has changed as of very recently. My mistake.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:36 pm

^ Actually, it looks (now) like a much better set up than before. Took them long enough to figure it out. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm

One piece of advice I would give is that they don't serve alcohol anywhere inside Disneyland. So you might want to spend at least part of the afternoon/evening at California Adventure if you're trying to get a buzz.

Should be a great day!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:From experience, if California Adventure has early entry for hotel guests, Radiator Springs will already have a sizable wait.

He's already said they're going on a Saturday, so Disneyland is open early, not DCA.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/extra-magic-hour-early-admission/

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:09 pm

:lol: I corrected that in that later post. It’s a Friday. I had my days screwed up. Sorry everyone. If DCA is open early, what would you suggest doing with MaxPass? Should I still grab Radiator Springs first?

As for Tiki Room, I don’t know... I did the one at Magic Kingdom and personally I thought it was the single worst attraction in the park (and I rode Stitch’s Great Escape that day). Every kid in the place looked bored out of their minds and every adult was on their phone or looking around wondering what kind of terrible mistake they had just made.

Different strokes, but I really, really don’t get how the Tiki Room is allowed to exist in a Disney Park. Maybe this one is better but if I’m ranking Disney attractions I put the Orlando version right below the parking tram and Stitch.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 pm.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Ah, ok, I missed that then. That changes the recommendations entirely. Do Disneyland first, and go to the Fantasyland rides at opening. Still get Fastpass for Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion. Do DCA at the end of the day instead; since it's on early magic hour, most people will do it early in the day. Keep in mind that Radiator Springs Racers may be out of Fastpasses and also that DCA has no beer jail and I think you can figure out the plan.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Even if you don't want to rope drop a ride at DCA, I still recommend getting your ticket scanned there (they have early entry and standard entry gates if they replicate Sunday's set up) so you can make your first MaxPass reservation as soon as possible.

I would recommend Radiator Springs first. If you get it first, you may get an 8-9 window like I did. Otherwise you could have to wait a long window (I think it's 1.5-2 hours) before your next FastPass.

You can then either walk 2 minutes to queue up at Disneyland's entrance or stay at DCA.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disneyland & Scandia

Postby coasterbill » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Even if you don't want to rope drop a ride at DCA, I still recommend getting your ticket scanned there (they have early entry and standard entry gates if they replicate Sunday's set up) so you can make your first MaxPass reservation as soon as possible.

I like this plan. I'd really like Radiator Springs Racers with Brit so I'll try to get a Fastpass for it. Do the standard entry gates open at the same time? If so, I would assume you would most likely get that first window if you immediately hop on the app and book it once you scan in right?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 pm

I reached the main gate a half hour before opening. All but one gate said "Early Entry" while one gate said "Entrance". You can use the latter. I think Radiator Springs had an 8:10-9:10 return time.

Everything else had an 8-9 return time. I picked Guardians and when I reserved Radiator Springs just after 8, Radiator Springs was up to 9:15-10:15.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disneyland & Scandia

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!