Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:58 pm

coasterbill wrote:Wait, there are still ESPN Zones? :lol:

That was the last one.

I actually liked the concept, since it was basically a sports book without the book part. Could watch any game and still get updates on others in their main room.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:06 pm

I’ve only experienced sub-par food, drinks, and all around service at ESPN Zone in DTD. I wanted to like it, but let’s just say I won’t be sad to see it go.
Tigga, please!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:31 pm

^I just remembered I've been there once. Safe to say I won't miss it, though.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Slendyglowstone » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:07 am

From my Analysis, it seems the Black Panther area will Either be the bridge from Hollywoodland to SHU, replacing the Backlot Area, Replacing Hollywoodland in General, or Having a section in Hollywoodland replacing Either ANIMATION, or Disney Junior. Spiderman seems he is having a standalone attraction, due to the swinging ride vehicle patents we got in 2017, it may be located where the backlot is now, or in an avengers or New York themed area replacing bugs land and the Cast member Parking lot (Not confirmed Cast member Parking lot is even being used). Antman has a slim chance of having an attraction, but there may be a restaurant or shop around him. Doctor Strange HAS to be in the New York Area, which may either be where Hollywoodland is now, or in a new New York Area. I would see a walkthrough attraction for Doctor strange, but that's just a speculation. Avengers may be integrated into the new york area, or have their own area, with their own Attraction(s?). Guardians have mission breakout, but there's no reason there can be a miniland built around it including galactic Marvel IPs. A lot of the Architecture in the concept art looks like Hollywoodland, so as a conclusion, either Hollywoodland is getting a reskin, or an expansion to blend in, with a galctic side. In short term, Wakanda, New York, Avengers Headquarters, and (supposedly) Sekaar are my expectations. =) =) =)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:06 am

Slendyglowstone wrote:I would see a walkthrough attraction for Doctor strange, but that's just a speculation.

We already know it will be portals linking DCA to Hong Kong and Paris. Walk right through and be instantly transported to another Disney park. Disney will be selling Sling Ring upgrades to the Park Hopper pass.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:31 am

Ah, good the Starbucks with the window to the Orlando Starbucks is staying! I love that place. They've got a fantastic patio for people-watching and relaxing.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Slendyglowstone wrote:From my Analysis, it seems the Black Panther area will Either be the bridge from Hollywoodland to SHU, replacing the Backlot Area, Replacing Hollywoodland in General, or Having a section in Hollywoodland replacing Either ANIMATION, or Disney Junior. Spiderman seems he is having a standalone attraction, due to the swinging ride vehicle patents we got in 2017, it may be located where the backlot is now, or in an avengers or New York themed area replacing bugs land and the Cast member Parking lot (Not confirmed Cast member Parking lot is even being used). Antman has a slim chance of having an attraction, but there may be a restaurant or shop around him. Doctor Strange HAS to be in the New York Area, which may either be where Hollywoodland is now, or in a new New York Area. I would see a walkthrough attraction for Doctor strange, but that's just a speculation. Avengers may be integrated into the new york area, or have their own area, with their own Attraction(s?). Guardians have mission breakout, but there's no reason there can be a miniland built around it including galactic Marvel IPs. A lot of the Architecture in the concept art looks like Hollywoodland, so as a conclusion, either Hollywoodland is getting a reskin, or an expansion to blend in, with a galctic side. In short term, Wakanda, New York, Avengers Headquarters, and (supposedly) Sekaar are my expectations. =) =) =)

After 13 years, finally the Dippin' Dots guy signs up for a TPR account.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:37 pm

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:
Slendyglowstone wrote:From my Analysis, it seems the Black Panther area will Either be the bridge from Hollywoodland to SHU, replacing the Backlot Area, Replacing Hollywoodland in General, or Having a section in Hollywoodland replacing Either ANIMATION, or Disney Junior. Spiderman seems he is having a standalone attraction, due to the swinging ride vehicle patents we got in 2017, it may be located where the backlot is now, or in an avengers or New York themed area replacing bugs land and the Cast member Parking lot (Not confirmed Cast member Parking lot is even being used). Antman has a slim chance of having an attraction, but there may be a restaurant or shop around him. Doctor Strange HAS to be in the New York Area, which may either be where Hollywoodland is now, or in a new New York Area. I would see a walkthrough attraction for Doctor strange, but that's just a speculation. Avengers may be integrated into the new york area, or have their own area, with their own Attraction(s?). Guardians have mission breakout, but there's no reason there can be a miniland built around it including galactic Marvel IPs. A lot of the Architecture in the concept art looks like Hollywoodland, so as a conclusion, either Hollywoodland is getting a reskin, or an expansion to blend in, with a galctic side. In short term, Wakanda, New York, Avengers Headquarters, and (supposedly) Sekaar are my expectations. =) =) =)

After 13 years, finally the Dippin' Dots guy signs up for a TPR account.

:nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:23 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:.....After 13 years, finally the Dippin' Dots guy signs up for a TPR account.

Took him long enough. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby coasterferg » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Questions for you DL experts...

I recently bought a "value-day" ticket with idea of going to Disneyland on next Monday the 16th. However, I just found out the Matterhorn is closing on the 16th for a week of refurbishment. Thus, I'm considering changing my ticket to Sunday the 15th so I can get my rides on this historic coaster.

How bad would the crowds be on a Sunday? My thoughts were to go to the park on Sunday afternoon and stay til closing at midnight, with the hope that park weekend crowds would die down drastically on Sunday evening, especially late into the night.

Thoughts?

THANKS!
Coaster Count as of July 2018: 375

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!