Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 30 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Oh sweet! DCA is set to get a whole lot better with Pixar Pier and now this!
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Oooo, more to see and do, eventually, when we're there, later on in the years! :mickey:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:01 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:12 pm

This is so cool. Looks like a return trip to Anaheim is in order once this is finished.
Total Coasters: 140

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:08 pm

2020 seems like a great time to open this and help balance out the crowds from Star Wars Land.
Tigga, please!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Shut It Down » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 pm

I’m a little confused when they say Gaurdians of the Galaxy will be “anchoring” the new land. Does this mean it will be the featured attraction? Do you guys think there will be a new ride?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 pm

It's bug's land, but it's only bug's land. Nothing about any part of DCA beyond the Hyperion north towards the oft rumored Stage 12 and beyond.
Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 am

Shut It Down wrote:I’m a little confused when they say Gaurdians of the Galaxy will be “anchoring” the new land. Does this mean it will be the featured attraction? Do you guys think there will be a new ride?

They will have just finished up spending a rumored billion dollars on Star Wars, so I suspect that is correct...for now. Have no doubt this land will have a phase two with another attraction that will reside in the remaining space behind Tower. I imagine with all the dead space in Hollywood between Hollywood & Dine, Muppets 3D, and the Who Wants to be a Millionaire building...eventually that whole land gets transformed in phases over the next 5-10 years.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:47 am

As a huge Marvel fan, I really loved Guardians of the Galaxy makeover at ToT, I am very happy to have two distinctly different themes for each of their drop rides on the different coasts, but the Marvel theme is awesome and I'm happy to see more coming. All this talk of the anchor ride being GotG, sure this will be the case for now, one would hope that the Spiderman swinging dark ride/coaster concept will eventually get built there. There's no way you'll see it by 2020, and the building would have to be absolutely massive, and also super tall. The patents are promising, hope this comes to fruition one day.
Spidey.jpg

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby prospekt88 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:59 pm

^That looks awesome.

I'm interested what the plans are for this because I don't really see any of the current attractions in Bug's Land being easily convertible to Marvel themes. Any chance they would move the Star Tours ride system out of Tomorrowland and into this area for an Iron Man makeover like in Hong Kong? I'm not sure how easy that would be logistically, but it would fit nicely.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:48 pm

From the pictures it looks like each park is getting unique attractions. Ant-Man and Wasp feature prominently on Hong Kong's representing the Buzz Lightyear conversion, Iron Man on the Paris poster to represent the Rock n Rollercoaster conversion. However Marvel Land in California will be directly following Galaxy's Edge and Marvel is much more popular/acclaimed in the US. I don't think they'll settle for cheap conversions since they hold the American resorts to much higher standards and Bug's Land never had any strong rides to begin with. I think we're gonna see straight up demolition of everything that was there and hopefully a Spider-Man e-ticket and some Black Panther/Wakanda experience. And holy crap that patent looks amazing please make that a reality disney!!!
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!