Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm

^ I need you as my (future) travel agent, LOL! ;)
IMG_2347.JPG
A memory of Sept.2016's last visit.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 am

I've used Undercover Tourist quite a bit and would recommend them. The old price tickets are only until they run out of them, so I would buy them soon. I did have an issue once with the ticket not working. I called them and they had a live person who took care of it in just 10 minutes. I was glad they had a live person and was able to take care of it right away and I've been recommending them since!

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:11 pm

Evidently Space Mountain has been closed since Tuesday afternoon since someone decided to force himself out of the train while it was in motion.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:38 pm

Usually you hear this type of story on flumes where there aren't restraints and isn't that the reason why WDW's Splash Mountain got lap bars?

Space Mountain has a basic lap bar. The employees don't physically pull on the lap bar, but they do spot check and ask the riders to pull it up for them.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Valleyfair & Noah's Ark

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jlp94 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:30 pm

coasterbill wrote:Evidently Space Mountain has been closed since Tuesday afternoon since someone decided to force himself out of the train while it was in motion.

I love how the second part of that URL just says entertainment.

Like, I know that because the article is about Disneyland it falls under that category, but the story is so stupidly funny that it's accurate :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Space Mountain has been operating today.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Valleyfair & Noah's Ark

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:44 pm

The Space Mountain incident leaves me with so many questions. Like how cognitively impaired he was, if he was forced on the ride against his will, if he had some type of supervision (and how much supervision can be imposed upon a 20 year old adult), if this could be a catalyst for more stringent rules for mentally impaired patrons (which would be terrible imo), etc;
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:55 am

Superbatboy wrote:The Space Mountain incident leaves me with so many questions. Like how cognitively impaired he was, if he was forced on the ride against his will, if he had some type of supervision (and how much supervision can be imposed upon a 20 year old adult), if this could be a catalyst for more stringent rules for mentally impaired patrons (which would be terrible imo), etc;

You're overthinking this by a lot. Clearly a one-off situation. State would not have approved re-opening after a short amount of time if there was anything more to the story.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Shut It Down » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:15 pm

I was at California Adventure today and I have to say Hollywood backlot is horrendous. I can’t name a single attraction there. A lot of people flock the area because they just spent $135 to get in the park yet there is not one attraction worth being there. Yes, I understand that guardians is back there and previously TOT but seriously this may be the worst Disney “land” of all time. The muppets building is unused and so is the millionaire building. It’s always a topic of how valuable the Anaheim space is yet I see a lot of unused land. And now throw in the AMC theater, rainforest and espn zone restaurants just sitting there. Disney needs to stop complaining about no land and start doing something with the land they got!!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:27 am

Shut It Down wrote:I was at California Adventure today and I have to say Hollywood backlot is horrendous. I can’t name a single attraction there. A lot of people flock the area because they just spent $135 to get in the park yet there is not one attraction worth being there. Yes, I understand that guardians is back there and previously TOT but seriously this may be the worst Disney “land” of all time. The muppets building is unused and so is the millionaire building. It’s always a topic of how valuable the Anaheim space is yet I see a lot of unused land. And now throw in the AMC theater, rainforest and espn zone restaurants just sitting there. Disney needs to stop complaining about no land and start doing something with the land they got!!

Disney just finished up spending $1 billion to transform DCA and another $1 billion to build Star Wars. I never once heard a complaint of being landlocked.

I also suspect you will see the end of the Hollywood backlot in the next wave of expansion after the under construction replacement for bugs life is done.

In the short term, they usually do overlays of the area with night time entertainment to keep it interesting.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!