Tripsdrill Discussion Thread

Pg 31: New coasters in 2019 and 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Tripsdrill Discussion Thread

Postby ernierocker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Hhappy wrote:was there for opening today, working on a report right now..
Just need to go though pictures etc ;)

Yay! Looking forward to it!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Here is our POV video:

And here is an AWESOME trip report from the opening day:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65808&p=1330482#p1330482

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby dropzonefan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm

^Woah!.. Haven't followed the construction of this beast for a while (used to before I joined). It's turned out great! Gerslaur really seems to be moving up in the industry! :)
Signatures are for n00bs!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Catching up after being away for a few weeks... Karacho looks like another serious win for Gerstlauer. They're serious on a roll these days!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm

^I really didn't like it.

It rode pretty awkwardly to be honest. Not rough or painful by any means, just more weird and uncomfortable. It seems to me like Gerstlaur still hasn't perfected their heart lining or something like that.

Idk, just my thoughts. It probably didn't improve my opinion of the ride to see the park only running 2 of their 4 trains within two weeks of opening...

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:52 pm

_koppen wrote:Awesome!

How does it compare to Blue Fire?

Blue Fire was great.

Karacho was not.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hhappy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 am

Tripsdrill just posted their "making of Karacho" video

I'm dutch.. not much i can do about that
My coasters/parks and other stuff photo's

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby David H » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 am

I'm surprised to see several negative comments about the ride. I was there last month with ACE, and everyone seemed to really love it. And that tends to be a pretty picky crowd, especially when it comes to looping coasters. It was easily the best Eurofighter I've been on.

Our ERT session on Karacho almost got rained out. We had a couple of hours at the park before closing, then a few more the following morning. But about an hour or two before closing, the heavens opened up, for some of the only rain we got on the entire trip. The rain stopped only a very short time before the park was closing. But they still managed to open up G'Sengte Sau for a short time, to give some people time to get a ride in before they closed. Unfortunately, I'd given up hope on the rain letting up, and had slowly dashed with friends from point to point all the way back to the front, so I had to walk all the way back to that part of the park, and just missed G'sengte Sau (though I did get to ride the following morning.)

But they quickly had Karacho open for our ERT session, and even opened up a special walkway cut through under the loading station so we wouldn't have to walk all the way around. They did have all trains running, and were loading the coaster very efficiently. And I don't remember the mid-course being on much, if at all. I honestly thought it was the best use of the Eurofighter technology I'd seen yet. Pure fun, with a lots of drops and directional changes that flowed into each other well and didn't seem awkward. If I hadn't already sent my Golden Tickets ballot in, I'd have given it the vote for best new ride. Honestly, it was one of the best surprises of the trip. I hadn't been expecting much for the coaster (or the park, to be honest), but loved it (and the park)! I even squeezed in one more ride the following morning.
Check out my Photo Trip Report from my Epic Asia Trip! Tons of coasters and a good helping of culture too! The first legs in Japan and Korea are done, and now we're up to the TPR China trip!
Photo TR: David's EPIC Asia trip! TPR China + Japan, Korea, and Taiwan!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

The ride is getting the love for it's station and landscaping, that they never got around to last year, and it looks great so far!

Source
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Nice to see some progress. Isn't the station supposed to be kind of buried underground?
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!