Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 486: Dorney begins to open July 8!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am

Bummed another GL ride may be permanently biting the dust, but if/when this coaster happens it would get me back out to Dorney for an afternoon on my way to or from SFGAdv with a stop at Knoebels included. Gotta prioritize.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Hershey_flags » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:26 pm

As a former season pass holder, I would take a new Gravity Group shuttle coaster over Possessed any day mostly because I have been on Possessed so many times and want something different to experience. This is a brilliant decision for a coaster type as well.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby jconsolmagno » Fri May 01, 2020 2:39 pm

And just like that... we are back on track! Even Wuhan Flu can't slow down our 2021 coaster! Rejoice people!

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/05/some-curious-updates-to-dorney-parks.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Postby Hershey_flags » Fri May 01, 2020 5:45 pm

I mean, I think most people already assumed that it was the township that canceled the meeting as it stated on the South Whitehall Township website that the other presenters for the meeting also “withdrew”. However, that extra part about them going to that other group to get their approval on it is a good piece of info. The next South Whitehall Township meeting is towards the end of this month so maybe we will get some more info then.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Taeshan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:47 pm

So with Hershey opening soon hopefully Dorney (or well Allentown) gets things sorted soon so my friend can pick up his season pass so we can head out to Kings Island and CP for passholder preview.

But that may be a tall order
I'm a Robot.

Homepark: Hersheypark
Watch me on Youtube: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/Steam1414?feature=mhee[/youtube]

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 pm

You know you don't need your physical card, right?

So long as you have the piece of paper indicating the Platinum Pass has been purchased, you can bring that to any CF park and have it processed into a physical card, regardless of where it was purchased.

It's not like Six Flags where you have to go to your "home park" first.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I Love Donkeys!

Postby dankeykang » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:11 am

^ Kings Island is now allowing people to process season passes entirely online, I'm guessing Dorney Park has the same option.
Pass.PNG

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby 11slataus » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:42 pm

I feel like as a potential replacement for Possessed, a shuttle woodie is pretty good...about equal. But seeing as how it could end up being a replacement for Possessed AND Stinger, it seems to me to be a little bit of a downgrade. I understand Stinger sort of sucked but still think that Possessed+Stinger>one shuttle woodie.

But best case scenario here is them getting the new ride and also keeping Possessed. Hoping for that!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Taeshan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Mike240SX wrote:You know you don't need your physical card, right?

So long as you have the piece of paper indicating the Platinum Pass has been purchased, you can bring that to any CF park and have it processed into a physical card, regardless of where it was purchased.

It's not like Six Flags where you have to go to your "home park" first.

I actually didn't. Being longer Six Flags holders maybe that is why. I'll look into this. We're trying to head over to CP and KI for opening possibly and that would be a lifesaver.
I'm a Robot.

Homepark: Hersheypark
Watch me on Youtube: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/Steam1414?feature=mhee[/youtube]

Postby Hershey_flags » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:11 pm

11slataus wrote:I feel like as a potential replacement for Possessed, a shuttle woodie is pretty good...about equal. But seeing as how it could end up being a replacement for Possessed AND Stinger, it seems to me to be a little bit of a downgrade. I understand Stinger sort of sucked but still think that Possessed+Stinger>one shuttle woodie.

But best case scenario here is them getting the new ride and also keeping Possessed. Hoping for that!

I consider the proposed new coaster to just be a replacement for Stinger as I am sure they will eventually replace Possessed with something else down the road. That won’t be for a VERY long time of course. Just like how Kings Dominion’s rumored free spin is a Crypt replacement, and most likely another coaster will be placed in Volcano’s spot...eventually.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!