Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:11 pm

How are Dorney's crowds during Haunt? I'll be going for the first time because I won tickets/fright lane through their PR. How even is Haunt? I've only been to Six Flags Fright Fest at several parks, but never a Cedar Fair Haunt.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:35 pm

If only there was something in the two posts immediately before yours that could have answered every question that you just asked.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:40 pm

^ Didn't see those. Thanks.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:40 pm

If you have the time and want an INSANE haunt experience, go 34 minutes north. Seriously, we go everywhere for haunts, and it's the most interesting, interactive, funny, and fun haunt we've ever done, no question, hands down. (-- though we've never done BLACKOUT NYC to be fair)

The line gets HUGE so get there before opening.
If you have a group of 2, they will send in the two of you by yourselves. We've done it twice over the years.

Spend the extra $$$ for the blood experience. This is critical. Don't wear clothes you don't want to get ruined.

You're welcome.

Postby YoshiFan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Dorney added Columbus Day as an operating day around 2 months ago and didn't do much to promote that they were open like any e-mails sent out. With not many people knowing the park was open and operating hours of 11 - 7 with no Haunt, crowds were low even for Dorney standards. At one point Steel Force had a completely empty station around 2 hours before closing.

I was really impressed with Monster Jam Thunder Alley.

The course is where Stinger was and is 2 laps because the track is shorter than the versions from other Cedar Fair parks. 2 trucks are running, Megalodon and Grave Digger. Each truck seats 10 people plus the driver and usually 1 truck is running while the other is loading riders. It takes a while to load each truck and for everyone to get buckled in. Because of that, the capacity is extremely low. Even with the low crowds, it was still a 25 minute wait. The wait time sign even goes up to 150 minutes (probably from other Cedar Fair parks).

It was really fun and a much better use of the space compared to Stinger being there.

IMG_5504.JPG

IMG_5505.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:33 pm

^ The course at Cedar Point gave two laps as well back on Memorial Day weekend. I'm glad I can now say I've been in a monster truck, but I wasn't a big fan of the experience. It seemed to be a major hit with kids though!

anonymouscactus wrote:Spend the extra $$$ for the blood experience. This is critical. Don't wear clothes you don't want to get ruined.

I need this in my life. Thank you!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Halloween Horror Nights & Universal Studios Florida

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:57 am

^ they do give you a t-shirt to wear, but it went through all 3 layers anyways.

This is just a photo op outside, but that gives you an idea of how covered with blood (and other substances) you get

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!