Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Lemur » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:26 am

Cross-posting from KI:

Experience Cedar Fair’s All-New Grand Carnivale at Select Parks this Summer
Nightly parade and street party features live music and dance, authentic food and drinks, and energetic international theme
Email Print Friendly Share
March 26, 2019 07:00 ET | Source: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
photo-release
Grand Carnivale brings an all-new high spirited parade and nightly street party with live entertainment and authentic foods from around the world - coming to select Cedar Fair parks for limited times this summer.
Sandusky, Ohio, March 26, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a leader in amusement parks, water parks and immersive entertainment, will present Grand Carnivale, a one-of-a-kind immersive evening spectacular featuring a high-spirited parade and nightly street party; the richly-themed event will spotlight a kaleidoscope of cultures with food, drink and live entertainment from around the world. This time limited event takes place at four parks this summer:

Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia and Kings Island in Mason, Ohio – June 15-July 7;

Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri – July 13-August 4; and

Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania – July 20-August 11."

You can read the rest of the press release here:
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/03/26/1767432/0/en/Experience-Cedar-Fair-s-All-New-Grand-Carnivale-at-Select-Parks-this-Summer.html?fbclid=IwAR1DMKUAXpn7uji1jbk01lFNcOPyDW5HQUmWdHnhUlfx7j_VAIe3FYqEyGc#.XJoWhp5c-tU.facebook

Don't know if this qualifies as a "secret" released early.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Considering they posted about it on their Facebook page, I hardly think it's a secret.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby operative_me » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:56 pm

I'm ashamed to admit that every time I see that there are new posts in this thread, a tiny part of me wonders if Dorney has announced a big new ride. I know how unlikely it is, but it happens nonetheless.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:48 pm

operative_me wrote:I'm ashamed to admit that every time I see that there are new posts in this thread, a tiny part of me wonders if Dorney has announced they're removing half the length of every queue because they'll never need it anyway. I know how unlikely it is, but it happens nonetheless.

FTFY

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby operative_me » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm

^Heh much appreciated!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby SkyToro » Fri May 03, 2019 11:46 am

The holding brake on Possessed is still disabled, and that's the only 2019 in-park update you need to know about.
Former Dorney Park Team Leader (Rides) & Area Supervisor (HAUNT)
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Twisted Timbers 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Skyrush 7. Fury 325 8. Intimidator 305 9. Millennium Force 10. Wicked Cyclone 11. Storm Runner 12. Fahrenheit 13. Phoenix 14. Afterburn 15. Mind Bender

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 03, 2019 1:36 pm

^ That's a bummer. It's still the only impulse coaster I've ever experienced a holding brake on.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair & Story Land

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Valley Fair posted a video on their FB today showing off their holding break working again. Come on Dorney, get your sh*t together.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Dorney disabled the holding break on Possessed because it cost them too much electricity and power to run it.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri May 03, 2019 2:12 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Mother of girl scared at amusement park's Halloween event seeks $150K in lawsuit

PHILADELPHIA — A girl's mother is seeking more than $150,000 in a lawsuit against an amusement park that held a Halloween event that allegedly scared the girl and caused her to fall.

Shannon Sacco, individually and as parent and natural guardian of M.S., a minor, filed a complaint on Jan. 14 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania against Cedar Fair LP, doing business as Dorney Park, alleging the defendants operated a Halloween attraction regard for the safety of its customers.

Dorney Park is located in Allentown and promotes a Halloween Haunt.

According to the complaint, on Sept. 15, 2017, the girl, with two of her friends, entered the park when costumed employees approached her despite her insisting they stop, as she did not want to be scared by them.

As the girl began to walk forward, one of the employees allegedly ran up from behind and yelled loudly into minor's ear, intentionally startling her. As a result, she allegedly lunged forward and fell forcefully to the ground, causing injuries that aren't specified in the complaint.

Her mom claims they were never made aware of an option to wear a "No Boo" necklace that notifies park employees to not spook them. The suit says the girl was a season pass holder.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment in an amount in excess of $150,000 exclusive of interest, costs and such further relief as the court may deem appropriate. She is represented by Diane Sodano and Richard Godshall of Ostroff Injury Law in Blue Bell.

Link

... I don't even have any f*cking words, I really don't.

Is this still going on, or was it (hopefully) dropped?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!