Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 am

I feel like they'll probably cut the path down by the Whip and down in front of Burger Barn so you'll basically have the entire top half of the park and the kids area. It gives them all they really need... a kids area, an indoor heated theater, a ton of flats and a few coasters. One would think they would run the mouse, Talon and Hydra but it's Cedar Fair so I feel like they'll just pick one of the B&M's and roll with it; at which time someone will pop into this thread and explain to us that they need to get a jumpstart on offseason rehab so that Hydra will have two trains ready on opening day so they can each spend the entire month of May running with like 8 people on the ride at a time.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:05 pm

My guess would be the would cut the midway at the restroom and auntie annes, and then the hill that goes down near hydras cobra roll. That would leave them the troika, dodgem, wave swinger, wild mouse, meteor, the train and the carrousel. Plus all of Planet Snoopy. They could push to have the ferris wheel open. If they dont have staffing in the summer for rides, doubt theyll have/want to staff anything past the hills.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:05 pm

coasterbill wrote:at which time someone will pop into this thread and explain to us that they need to get a jumpstart on offseason rehab so that Hydra will have two
trains ready on opening day so they can each spend the entire month of May running with like 8 people on the ride at a time.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Candy canes, elfa, snowman, gingerbread man? Not really Halloween and haunt theme.
Attachments
Screenshot_20181026-194746_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20181026-194907_Twitter.jpg

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Sooooooo I take it Winterfest was not announced and Dorney Park was trolling like with those Project 2019 teasers? I guess at this point getting peoples hopes up just amuses them. :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Yeah, the teaser with Christmas carols playing was a Haunt teaser (see above). :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Man the troll face meme is perfect for Dorneys social media account at this point. :lmao:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:58 pm

I’ll be honest, I still feel like Winterfest is inevitable. It’s just a question of when they pull the trigger. I know Dorney isn’t much for exciting new additions but this is quite different than (say) a new ride and offers much more immediate, measurable returns.

I would expect every park in the chain except for Michigan’s Adventure and Cedar Point to add Winterfest eventually.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 am

I have to be honest. I kind of love that Dorney is trolling those of us who pay this much attention.
It shows that they recognize that enthusiasts are out there looking for any information they can gather. It also doesn't seem mean spirited to me at all.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:09 am

pryonisys wrote:It also doesn't seem mean spirited to me at all.

Agreed. It never does with any park, people just take this hobby way too seriously. Hey, they clearly fooled me.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS