Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Rhyano » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:38 pm

I can see a number of things for this situation, I thought this was fake at first, but apparently, it was true, so it took me by surprise too! I can't see them not reusing the station and queue if any sort of coaster is being developed, that station and queue is only five years old, so I don't see them just demolishing it, I can easily see a custom Raptor here, or maybe an infinity coaster mainly to fit the shape of the midway next door, then maybe take the coaster down to the site of the pavilions in that area? on a side note, that walk to the flyers is going to be really awkward in 2018...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Rhyano wrote:on a side note, that walk to the flyers is going to be really awkward in 2018...

Oh yeah, man, I see what you mean. That's a really long walk.
Screenshot_20171216-165302.png

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:30 pm

I hope they open them next year and don't leave them SBNO. Even with Stinger open most times I went to the flyers, the ride operator was just waiting around for any riders to show up. Even though they run very slow and have a short cycle, I rarely skip them when I am at the park.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:16 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Rhyano wrote:on a side note, that walk to the flyers is going to be really awkward in 2018...

:nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina:
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:40 am

YoshiFan wrote:10 years ago when Renegade was added, there was a rumor that Cedar Fair bought or had a deal for 3 GCI coasters and Dorney was going to get the 2nd one in 2008 until Cedar Fair decided to send Possessed to the park instead and then all the used rides started being added and that Dorney's planned GCI went to Worlds of Fun. I don't know how true any of that is though.

Thanks for that. I could never for the life of me figure out where that came from and why after years and years, enthusiasts have never given up on it. Now it makes perfect sense.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Those flyers at Dorney are absolutely terrible.

Trevor Hamilton wrote:Well considering GCA put RailBlazer in the original spot of this exact same coaster, I’d put my money on a Raptor if it’s a coaster.

works.jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:49 am

Stinger is a surprisingly fun coaster, but I rarely saw it running. I think it was open for my past 2 visits but it was closed for the 3-4 before that.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Postby coasterbill » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:58 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:47 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Stinger is a surprisingly fun coaster, but I rarely saw it running. I think it was open for my past 2 visits but it was closed for the 3-4 before that.

Yep. I liked Two-Face at SFA and Invertigo at Kings Island. These coasters are fun (better than Vekoma's Boomerangs, that's for sure), but it's a pity they have so many technical issues.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:06 pm.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Well, I got the Stinger credit at my visit in June, and it was fun. And it got me an Invertigo credit before riding any regular Boomerangs, which is kind of cool.

I had a feeling that White Water Landing would be removed first, since Hershey had thoughts about removing theirs and the ride type is apparently going out of style. Although, that probably made more sense when I thought about it to myself. They could probably use that piece of land stretching out into the service area for a moderate thrill ride.
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby SkyToro » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm

With the closure of Stinger, I think the park needs to move the Cedar Creek Flyers to the little plot of concrete where the Chance Carousel used to be. Remove the pavilions/ Urgent Scare and Dino's Alive and put a GCI down there (also using the Grave Walkers land). Just for fun, I Photoshopped Prowler and Renegade into that area to see how something like this would look.
Prowler.jpg
Prowler
Renegade.jpg
Renegade
Former Dorney Park Team Leader (Rides) & Area Supervisor (HAUNT)
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Twisted Timbers 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Skyrush 7. Fury 325 8. Intimidator 305 9. Millennium Force 10. Wicked Cyclone 11. Storm Runner 12. Fahrenheit 13. Phoenix 14. Afterburn 15. Mind Bender

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!