Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby historyfreak92 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:17 am

How about bring lazer back right where it was that would be really nice!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:40 am

boldikus wrote:enthusiasts are that lazy and unimaginative

Yup. Nailed it.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:00 am

boldikus wrote:
alilstronger wrote:So, Stinger is leaving...

Please forgive me but I do not keep up with things like many others.... are there any other Cedar Fair parks removing coasters that we know of that would fit in Stinger's place?

Did we ever figure out where Knotts boomerang went? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as we know it went back to Vekoma in the Netherlands to be refurbished, as to weather Cedar Fair still owns it (I don't think Vekoma has any North American plants so if it has to be refurbed it has to go to Europe) or a park in Europe purchased is still unknown.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Trevor Hamilton » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 am

Well considering GCA put RailBlazer in the original spot of this exact same coaster, I’d put my money on a Raptor if it’s a coaster. Thank god this isn’t a Six Flags Park so we know it’s not a 4-D free spin.
1. Griffon 2. Fury 325 3. 1305 4. Maverick 5. El Toro

Griffon is amazing fight me

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 am

Unlike a lot of other parks which got the RMC Raptors, I think Dorney is a perfect fit since no one goes there for the coasters anyhow.

Also - I'd prefer something other than a coaster there. Shock! Horror! I know, right? But like how about a dark ride? Or a permanent haunted house? Or like anything out of the ordinary than a stock production model roller coaster? Whatever it is, it won't be as extreme as Skyrush nearby, and as such I can't picture really moving the needle much in that direction for hobbyists or for the people already attending the place.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 am

boldikus wrote:enthusiasts are that lazy and unimaginative

Bigger is not always better.

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:17 am

boldikus wrote:
Can anyone explain why are enthusiasts STILL on this whole GCI woodie thing for Dorney? What info is there to back that perpetual rumor up? Where did it even come from? I feel like people have been speculating that for ages and I've never seen a single shred of concrete evidence to back it up. Does it stem from when Cedar Fair was putting in stuff like Renegade @ Valleyfair and Prowler @ Worlds of Fun and everyone just figured Dorney - the other small, neglected CF park - was next to get a GCI?

10 years ago when Renegade was added, there was a rumor that Cedar Fair bought or had a deal for 3 GCI coasters and Dorney was going to get the 2nd one in 2008 until Cedar Fair decided to send Possessed to the park instead and then all the used rides started being added and that Dorney's planned GCI went to Worlds of Fun. I don't know how true any of that is though.

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 am

A Raptor, Eurofighter, or a large flat would all be a great addition. Pretty much anything replacing an old school Vekoma is an upgrade. Now the new stuff Vekoma has been putting out is hotness, hope to see some of those stateside.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 am

YoshiFan wrote:
boldikus wrote:
Can anyone explain why are enthusiasts STILL on this whole GCI woodie thing for Dorney? What info is there to back that perpetual rumor up? Where did it even come from? I feel like people have been speculating that for ages and I've never seen a single shred of concrete evidence to back it up. Does it stem from when Cedar Fair was putting in stuff like Renegade @ Valleyfair and Prowler @ Worlds of Fun and everyone just figured Dorney - the other small, neglected CF park - was next to get a GCI?

10 years ago when Renegade was added, there was a rumor that Cedar Fair bought or had a deal for 3 GCI coasters and Dorney was going to get the 2nd one in 2008 until Cedar Fair decided to send Possessed to the park instead and then all the used rides started being added and that Dorney's planned GCI went to Worlds of Fun. I don't know how true any of that is though.

Is this another "Over Georgia took St Louis' hyper" type of situation? :p :lol:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

CoasterInk wrote:How much land does Dorney have past Stinger? I'm not sure I can see a large scale attraction (like a GCI) going there unless they have more land to work with.

On a side note, that land looks awfully similar to where ValleyFair is putting their Larson Loop...

The x out spots are what dorney does not own. From what I was told is that the parking lot/parking booths are getting redone.

I was told that a new coaster is going in where food fest is, which is in the top right corner in the screenshot. With dinos leaving, they could move grave walkers over back there, and use where grave walkers is now for stuff.

But with it being dorney, their capital plan a can change at any time.

Only time will tell.
20171216_135430.png
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!