Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Ace Of Spades » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Considering that Silverwood has kept a GIB running for almost a decade, I find it hilarious that Stinger only managed five years at Dorney Park.

Though, if CGA wasn't building the far superior RailBlazer, I would have vouched for them to get Stinger back. It was actually my favorite coaster at the park (having visited pre-Goldstriker).
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Great news! I did not enjoy this ride at all. For some reason I found it so much worse than Kings Island's, and it seems to have so much down time as well. Plus, the park already has two (vastly superior) inverted coasters, so this is really no loss in my eyes.

With Dinosaur's also rumored to be leaving soon, GCI perhaps? Or just wishful thinking...
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby jconsolmagno » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Not thrilled with this unless another coaster takes it's place in 2019. Why can this coaster exist at Kings Island and not Dorney if it's strictly maintenance? Surely they use the same parts.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Yeah, I'm with you there. I really like Kings Island's GIB, but Dorney's was awful. Possessed next door is so much better, this isn't a loss.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 pm

I believe I rode Stinger twice, I regretted it both times as pretty bad headaches followed. I keep hearing that the one at KI is pretty good and I can believe that, but Stinger was pretty rough. I know Dorney doesn't tend to get much love from Cedar Fair but hopefully they can get something decent to replace it.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 pm

boldikus wrote:
alilstronger wrote:So, Stinger is leaving...

Please forgive me but I do not keep up with things like many others.... are there any other Cedar Fair parks removing coasters that we know of that would fit in Stinger's place?

Did we ever figure out where Knotts boomerang went? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe in the KBF thread . . . it was mentioned that Boomerang was being sent to the Netherlands to be refurbished.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Afterburner » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm

boldikus wrote:
alilstronger wrote:So, Stinger is leaving...

Please forgive me but I do not keep up with things like many others.... are there any other Cedar Fair parks removing coasters that we know of that would fit in Stinger's place?

Did we ever figure out where Knotts boomerang went? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that would just be cruel. :lol: :lmao:

Postby JordyC » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:54 am

Well, there is still no confirmation about where Kanonen from Liseberg is going..
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 am

Even though we already have an Intamin launcher of sorts, Kanonen might actually be a good fit, since it has small trains and therefore low capacity it might actually get a bit of a line at a park like Dorney.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Seriously though, even though there isn't any evidence pointing to the fact that Dorney would get a new coaster, let's talk about this for a second.

Can anyone explain why are enthusiasts STILL on this whole GCI woodie thing for Dorney? What info is there to back that perpetual rumor up? Where did it even come from? I feel like people have been speculating that for ages and I've never seen a single shred of concrete evidence to back it up. Does it stem from when Cedar Fair was putting in stuff like Renegade @ Valleyfair and Prowler @ Worlds of Fun and everyone just figured Dorney - the other small, neglected CF park - was next to get a GCI?

I'm also seeing (mostly in the FB groups) so many people automatically assuming they would be getting a Railblazer/WW clone. Is that just because enthusiasts are that lazy and unimaginative that they would just associate CGA with Dorney since Stinger came from CGA and therefore we'll get the same coaster as them? Or is that enthusiasts assume that since CGA is getting a Raptor that Cedar Fair will ONLY be installing Raptors even though they're also installing two wood/steel hybrids and a first-of-its-kind Gerstlauer dive coaster this year, and that they've also still have been working with B&M (Valravn, Banshee, Gatekeeper, etc)?

I don't claim to know what the park is doing at all, I just find enthusiasts speculations about this park quite interesting as everyone and their mother has a theory and I don't recall having seen anything that actually could lead to legitimate rumors/speculation.

Also, I don't think they're really losing anything here as people only tend to come for the waterpark/Haunt anyway. I don't think really anyone will miss Stinger, because its hard to miss something that was never open to begin with.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CoasterInk » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:23 am

How much land does Dorney have past Stinger? I'm not sure I can see a large scale attraction (like a GCI) going there unless they have more land to work with.

On a side note, that land looks awfully similar to where ValleyFair is putting their Larson Loop...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!