Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:46 am

^ I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorney Park announce that they will be getting Winterfest sometime in the next year or so

Postby coasterbill » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 am

Vonni wrote:^ I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorney Park announce that they will be getting Winterfest sometime in the next year or so

It wouldn't work. The weather in the northeast is very unpredictable and Tyson does not allow their chicken tender stands to operate below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. I doubt the event would be a success without their new marquee attraction.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:43 am

Wimterfest at Dorney could be a lot of fun. Doesn't seem like CF is too keen on running their B&Ms in the cold, though, so there's a pretty good chance they block off everything past Hydra and Planet Snoopy and the only open coaster is the wild mouse. :lol:
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 am.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:56 am

It's an easy park to section off. To cut off the top half of the park you only need to cut 2 narrow paths, one near the new(ish) BBQ place and one by the games to the left of Apollo.

Then you have the kids area, an indoor show venue, a train ride that you can line with standup light displays and the whole top part of the park including Talon, Hydra and the Wild Mouse, 2 of which would probably be closed because Cedar Fair's holiday events are lame.

They might try something and I have no doubt the lights will be very nice but if they keep up this Cedar Fair trend of offering horrendous ride lineups for Winterfest (both in terms of intermediate flat rides for kids, family rides and coasters) when they're an hour from Hersheypark and 90 minutes from Great Adventure, good luck with that. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:49 pm.

Postby YoshiFan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:17 am

Agreed, those weak ride lineups might work at a park like Kings Island where that is the only park in the area open but not in this part of the country where there are so many parks open. Having no indoor rides probably doesn't help either.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:42 pm

I know some things about it, but not sure if it's all 100% correct.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Steel Farce » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Mike Fehnel lives in my development. My kids play with his. Winterfest is coming and could be as early as 2018.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby jconsolmagno » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Would be in for a Winterfest at Dorney. That could be good, their halloween event is great.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:43 pm

From my understanding, dorney *might* be announcing winferfest before the start of next seasson. The soon to be CEO said that one of two parks announced it, the one being KD.

If you think about it, dorney has added two new family rides, two coke refill stations, and new pavilions all at the top of the park. From my understanding, and from talking to others at the park, the main midway and planet snoopy would be open for winterfest. Like what coasterbill said a a few post ago, the park could easily close off the lower s3ction of the park, but he said down by the other section of games. All they have to do is close it off by airbrush/hydra gifts, and both sides of Auntie Anne's. You would have all snoopy rides open, the carousel, wave swinger, dodgem, the trokia, wild mouse and the train open. The train could have amazing theming if dorney could get the capital for it. Hydra and talon *could* be open. You could push to have Apollo, sea dragon and musik express and enterprise open. Hence why all the new additions were at the top of the park. (The two new flats werent even suppose to happen originally.) Plus, all the buildings up that way; chickies, good time gifts, snoopy boutique, coasters, arcade, and cinnabun all have heating. The games would be easy to add heat.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 am

Not trying to be a buzzkill here, but Dorney Park does not seem like the type of park Cedar Fair would invest that much money into. WinterFest is a much bigger investment than most people realize. Not only are the lights and decorations very expensive, but also the infrastructure needed for a winter event is a huge undertaking for any park. I think it’s out of Dorney’s price range for the time being.

Plus, wasn’t Canada’s Wonderland already confirmed to be the second park by a Cedar Fair executive? I may be wrong but I thought I remembered reading that.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!