Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 pm

It was closed and dried out on the 8th when I was there, if you're referring to the log flume.
Last edited by Mike240SX on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:28 pm.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Double post
-Mike
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Coal Cracker should be open. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Coal Cracker was closed Sunday :(

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:25 am

Alright everyone, thoughts on the houses this year? We're heading down this weekend and we're definitely looking to check a few of them out.

My assumption is that Blackout, Chamber of Horrors and Trick or Treat still suck and Blood on the Bayou, Cornstalkers, Tourist Trap and Urgent Scare are the ones to focus on. Am I correct in this?

Postby alilstronger » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:35 am

It's going to depend on what you are looking for. The haunts are never actually scary. Themeing is great but not scary.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 am

I skipped Blackout, Cornstalkers, and Grave Walkers (which is apparently a maze with a line now?), but found all of the others to be up to par for a Cedar Pair Haunt - IE great artistry but no actual scares. Of course, I made it a point to be at the rear of every group I was in for the sole purpose of laughing at those who did get scared. I actually quite enjoyed all the work that went into Chamber of Horrors; it was tough telling a few of the wax statues from actual people. Blood on the Bayou was new to me and not all that impressive, but I definitely enjoyed Tourist Trap, Trick or Treat, and Urgent Scare.
-Mike

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 am

Blackout is actually pretty interesting. Last year they had a story behind blackout. Not sure if its the same or if they changed it for this year. Cornstalkers is probably my favorite from doing them in the past.

I recommend getting the skeleton key room pass. Age of darkness is pretty crazy. Some of the others are cool as well.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 am

coasterbill wrote:Alright everyone, thoughts on the houses this year? We're heading down this weekend and we're definitely looking to check a few of them out.

My assumption is that Blackout, Chamber of Horrors and Trick or Treat still suck and Blood on the Bayou, Cornstalkers, Tourist Trap and Urgent Scare are the ones to focus on. Am I correct in this?

Say hi to Demon Drop, Possessed and Talon for me.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Um... wtf is this?
IMG_7335.JPG
IMG_7333.JPG

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!