Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby alilstronger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:02 pm

We're all entitled to our opinions. I personally do not like Busch Gardens (Williamsburg) much. The only reason I go is because the food is good but I don't find their rides all that fun.

I can understand though why I got them reactions lol
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote: Any tips or advice on what not to miss out on?

Even if you're not a fan of drop towers, Demon Drop is awesome. Don't let the size fool you.

Edit: oh, I misread and thought you haven't been here before. Still... Demon Drop is awesome :-P

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:50 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:Any tips or advice on what not to miss out on?

I was a fan of Blood on the Bayou, Cornstalkers and Urgent Scare last year (which has been renamed so people don't get offended but is probably the same thing). Blackout, Trick or Treat and Chamber of Horrors are terrible. Tourist Trap is new and if it's anything like the maze it replaced it's probably very long and very good, I haven't been through it since the change though.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:41 pm

How are the lines generally for the haunts? I know the park never has lines for normal rides, but I've never been for Halloween. Thinking of hitting it next weekend if I head down that way for Knoebels like I'm thinking about.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:12 pm

The haunts can get lines but they're nothing like what some parks get. If you go on a Friday night you'll have the place to yourself. On a Saturday I wouldn't be shocked by an 45-60 minute line for Urgent Scare and Tourist Trap but if you want a break from the lines you can go ride Hydra which will be rolling half empty trains like it's an olympic sport. :lol:

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Physical » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:
ScreaminNewEngland wrote: Any tips or advice on what not to miss out on?

Even if you're not a fan of drop towers, Demon Drop is awesome. Don't let the size fool you.

Edit: oh, I misread and thought you haven't been here before. Still... Demon Drop is awesome :-P

I'm totally biased, but after over 300 rides on Demon Drop, it's still my favorite drop tower. It's the only tower I've ridden that gives a true sensation of freefall. Just leave some room in your harness, the more the better!

(Not to mention the view from the top is incredible)
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 102, Wood: 33, Total: 135, Parks: 17, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:49 pm

^ Oh the heartbreak. Only ride at Dorney that was down the whole day I was there.

Yeah, as far as Cedar Fair parks go, it's not that bad. I enjoyed my time there. The coasters were a bit lackluster, but several of the flats were good, especially the whip, and they've got one of the best log flumes anywhere. Could be a lot worse, really.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 am

Dorney is a fine park that serves a good purpose; a nice change of pace from Great Adventure, with decent coasters that get no lines. The park gets bonus points from me for having a good Whip, a nice flume and Demon Drop. And there's a Waffle House approximately 10 minutes away.

I don't think the park gets "bashed", it's just lacking when compared to other parks in the region.
Total Coasters: 140

Postby DILinator » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:12 am

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:I'll never understand why this park gets bashed on here so much. It's so much better than Valleyfair and MiA in the chain.

I've never even been to Dorney, and I have been to the other two parks (including regularly to MiA), and I'd have to agree with this statement! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am

coasterbill wrote:The haunts can get lines but they're nothing like what some parks get. If you go on a Friday night you'll have the place to yourself. On a Saturday I wouldn't be shocked by an 45-60 minute line for Urgent Scare and Tourist Trap but if you want a break from the lines you can go ride Hydra which will be rolling half empty trains like it's an olympic sport. :lol:

Supposivly some of the haunts were pulling upward of 2 hour waits last weekend.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!