Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby DorneyKid14 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:01 pm

not 100% sure with lines. Possessed had about a 30 or so minute wait at one point. i know steel force had full trains all day both days.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ejot » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:32 am

Suspence1127 wrote:Nice to hear that Dorney got some crowds. Were any lines over an hour?

Not sure about Sunday but on Sat, probably not. Steel Force was consistently one of the longest lines, 15min in the afternoon and maybe close to 30 around 10pm. Only a couple maze haunts approached 1hr waits (Cornstalkers & Asylum seemed the worst).
Recent Visits:HIKennywoodCarowindsKDAdventureland (NY)NW PA/Western NYHersheypark
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Top Rides: 1Skyrush(#72) 2Phoenix(#2) 3ElToro(#45) 4Fury325(#165) 5Phantom'sRevenge(#184) 6RavineFlyerII(#147) 7Tatsu(#14) 8Blue Streak(#112)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 am

I don't like to hear stories of long lines @ Dorney! :devil: :lol:

Heading up with the crew this Saturday night but looks like its gonna be COLD! I know it can change but seeing that it should be 39* by midnight. Brrrrrr! I told everyone I'm going with "plan on layering!" Hoping that keeps some folks away. We're not big on trails but we did Haunt @ Dorney last year and the park itself was busy but most coasters had little-to-no wait. *crosses fingers*

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:13 am

boldikus wrote:I don't like to hear stories of long lines @ Dorney! :devil: :lol:

Heading up with the crew this Saturday night but looks like its gonna be COLD! I know it can change but seeing that it should be 39* by midnight. Brrrrrr! I told everyone I'm going with "plan on layering!" Hoping that keeps some folks away. We're not big on trails but we did Haunt @ Dorney last year and the park itself was busy but most coasters had little-to-no wait. *crosses fingers*

You'll see low crowds next weekend. Coasters will have no waits more than likely. Columbus day weekend is always the busiest for the park during haunt. Stop by three point challenge and say hi to me when you're at the park!
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Physical » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:24 am

DorneyKid14 wrote:
boldikus wrote:I don't like to hear stories of long lines @ Dorney! :devil: :lol:

You'll see low crowds next weekend. Coasters will have no waits more than likely. Columbus day weekend is always the busiest for the park during haunt. Stop by three point challenge and say hi to me when you're at the park!

and stop by Demon Drop/Tilt-a-whirl/Musik Express and say hi to me as well!
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 102, Wood: 33, Total: 135, Parks: 17, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

Postby boldikus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:26 am

^ I will definitely be over at Demon Drop! That thing is bonkers. My other half hasn't ridden one of those since Stuntmans' Freefall @ Great Adv waaaaaay back in the day, so I'm excited to get her on DD. If you guys see me say hi. As long as the weather doesn't change to rain, we'll be there!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Physical » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:37 am

Post Removed
Last edited by Physical on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:37 pm.
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 102, Wood: 33, Total: 135, Parks: 17, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

Postby boldikus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:44 am

That's really a shame to hear because its easily the most intense few seconds of ride in the entire park. We'll be by to check it out and see if its running, for sure. I'm also a big fan of Dominator too so as long as one of them are open. Hoping to get up there before Haunt starts, probably around 4/5pm. Music Express I won't ride (too much spinning) and Tilt A Whirl is really only if the other half wants to ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Hey so I saw the 39 degree forecast and Ima let you finish but any chance Thunder Creek Mountain will be open Saturday? This is a completely serious question.

We're still debating between SFNE and Dorney on Saturday. With low temps and short staffing potentially closing 2 of the best rides at Dorney we might have to bite the bullet and head up to SFNE but I'm looking for any excuse to go to another park instead. Lol

Postby boldikus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:19 pm

coasterbill wrote:Hey so I saw the 39 degree forecast and Ima let you finish but

Seriously :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!