Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1010: Final piece of Yukon Striker track installed!
Users viewing this topic: Exabot [Bot] and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:16 am

CW fanboys are still gonna be talking about "next years addition called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why" in like 2057.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Johnlloyd » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am

boldikus wrote:CW fanboys are still gonna be talking about "next years addition called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why" in like 2057.

I greatly enjoy Canada's Wonderland, but I hope next year's roller coaster has a greater name than just "My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why". A few years ago when the rumours began to swirl, I had no idea what My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why was. In my opinion, the name does not sound mighty, in comparison to Behemoth and Leviathan. But, whatever the park decides to call next year's coaster, I just hope it provides an amazing ride experience! It is definitely going to be huge based on the amount of land they are using. Below is a photo I had captured of the construction taking place from when I had visited this past Wednesday (June 13th). :)

Image Photo credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views.
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby joelwee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:06 am

LiftThrill wrote:Just be glad it's not Six Flags, because they'd probably name a dive coaster Harley Quinn Spinsanity.

ZiZanity
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20 am

^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm

boldikus wrote:CW fanboys are still gonna be talking about "next years addition called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why" in like 2057.

#Truth

Johnlloyd wrote:A few years ago when the rumours began to swirl, I had no idea what My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why was. In my opinion, the name does not sound mighty, in comparison to Behemoth and Leviathan.

See, this is exactly what I was saying! Behemoth and Leviathan automatically have a connotation of something HUGE and powerful, for most people. My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why just leaves them going "Huh?"

joelwee wrote:
LiftThrill wrote:Just be glad it's not Six Flags, because they'd probably name a dive coaster Harley Quinn Spinsanity.

ZiZanity

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Classic!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:31 pm

joelwee wrote:

ZiZanity

I am actually digging that name. Cedar Fair needs to trademark that name be SFMM sees it and changes the name of there frissbee again lol
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:28 pm

I love the name My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why :) The second Z can be backwards. Is it truly confirmed to be giga, or was that sarcasm?
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Maybe the Z's were turned around to throw off the enthusiasts... It's Obviously going to be called NIN... The Ride ("Nine Inch Nails" for those of you who don't know) Imaging Diving into the tunnel with the song "Head Like a Hole" blasting at you.
nin.jpg
The Ride™

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:27 am

JT325 wrote:Is it truly confirmed to be giga, or was that sarcasm?

As far as I understand, the Giga rumor is just a rumor/speculation based on measurements of the tunnel, number of supports/footers, and calculations based on the predicted length of the lift hill. Amusement Insiders (YouTube channel) explains this well, but it is still purly rumor/speculation. It does appear to be noticeably larger than Valravn, but we probably won’t know for sure until an announcement is made.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:36 am

^Thanks you :)

A giga would be cool... but a longer ride with more track would be better (than Valravn, anyway).
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!