Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:28 pm

^^^^Again, it's CF. since when is theming a priority? If you really wanna wait/hope guardian gets completed, you could always prey that Wonderland pulls a Marineland (they took 20 years to eventually finish the theming on Dragon Mountain) :lmao:

^^^Couldnt agree more. This is another reason I'm so pumped for SkyHawk. It's something that everyone can ride. It can be a Windseeker-style, relaxing flight, or a crazy-intense balls to the walls experience (AKA flat ride heaven lol).

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:30 pm

^Dragon Mountain was supposed to have a miniature Niagara Falls...so technically it's still not done

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:33 pm

TB305 wrote:
coasterjunkie1975 wrote: The best addition we have received since Leviathan was an upcharge ride in Slingshot. :lmao:

KD stealing.... your coaster!? KD is going on 7 seasons without a coaster and you're going on 5 (technically 2, if you count WMG). And now you complain about a unique and awesome looking flat ride? Come on, stop being spoiled, you got Leviathan relatively recently. If anything next year, you guys would be stealing KD's coaster.


You're stealing that coaster from VF. :devil:

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Dom497 wrote:^Dragon Mountain was supposed to have a miniature Niagara Falls...so technically it's still not done

Volcano still got added though... Albeit 20 odd years late :lmao:

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:07 pm

TB305 wrote:
coasterjunkie1975 wrote:
buck funny wrote:
CedarFair1 wrote:
coasterjunkie1975 wrote:Coasterjunkie1975 wakes up,looks at Canada'a Wonderlands new rides,scratches himself and then goes back to sleep to dream about going to Dollywood to ride Lightening Rod.


spoiled much, can't wait till 2017?



yup me too. i still need to make a road trip to knoebels next year anyway. Might aim for hershey and kennywood while i am at it.

Are they going to do anything like fix the rest of wilde beast, or fix the minebuster which is going from YORO (you only ride once) to DERO (don't even ride once)

just like the leafs, Ya gotta believe ...



With three off years in a row in regards to significant additions I might just take the year off from Wonderland next year.

- Guardian.....shootem up ride with outdated graphics and is already seemingly falling apart

- This year we got a used Water Slide and a used splash pad complex.

-Next year we get a flat ride almost every other park has and another flat which will probably good fun but won't be worth the inevitable 1 and half to 2 hour wait.

-our 2017 coaster will probably get "stolen" by Kings Island or Kings Dominion and if it isn'nt I am sure an extra years wait will not be worth it for a Wingrider lol

The best addition we have received since Leviathan was an upcharge ride in Slingshot. :lmao:

KD stealing.... your coaster!? KD is going on 7 seasons without a coaster and you're going on 5 (technically 2, if you count WMG). And now you complain about a unique and awesome looking flat ride? Come on, stop being spoiled, you got Leviathan relatively recently. If anything next year, you guys would be stealing KD's coaster.


Yeah, If anything we need the 2017 coaster badly. In 2010 we got i305, 2012 CW got leviathan and 2014 got wonder mountain in 2014 KI got banshee and in 2015 carowinds got fury.

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:13 pm

canadianparkfan wrote:
Dom497 wrote:^Dragon Mountain was supposed to have a miniature Niagara Falls...so technically it's still not done

Volcano still got added though... Albeit 20 odd years late :lmao:


Not even much of a volcano as it is basically a concrete wall. It took 20 years to pour concrete.

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 pm

I can't even with these Canada's Wonderland fans anymore... You know we can go back to the Paramount age of adding crap coasters like Tomb Raider... GET THE F OVER YOURSELVES!!!! We are beyond spoiled and have gotten really great additions and another coaster coming in 2017...... We have had 3 coasters added in a 8 year period and make that 4 coasters added in a 10 year period once 2017 rolls around!!!!! Other parks are looking at us going WTF!!!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:42 pm

canadianparkfan wrote:^^^^Again, it's CF. since when is theming a priority? If you really wanna wait/hope guardian gets completed, you could always prey that Wonderland pulls a Marineland (they took 20 years to eventually finish the theming on Dragon Mountain)

His complaint about WMG is valid. When it comes to dark rides, whether or not it's at a Cedar Fair park, immersiveness is the most important part. A giant black wall with a visible drop track and a bunch of technology out in the open? Not immersive at all. It looks like a warehouse with a coaster running through it.

I mean, for less than what WMG cost, Six Flags got Justice League, which I have ridden and, while I haven't ridden WMG, I'm sure JL blows it out of the water. The queue is immersive enough, the ride looks completed and has a nice balance of physical and digital sets, and it has a nice simulator ending. (BTW, I know most CW visitors will never ride JL, but I just wanted to point out that SF delivered a much better ride than CF did with a smaller budget.)

As for the comments about lack of a coaster: Can you CW fanboys just STFU please? Your whining about not getting a new coaster is annoying. Sorry you can't get a mega coaster every year, and like others have mentioned, lots of CF parks need new coasters more than you do. Be happy with your two new flats, which is the next best thing to a coaster. As far as I know, VF, MiA, and DP haven't announced any new rides yet. Be thankful for getting TWO.

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:43 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:As for the comments about lack of a coaster: Can you CW fanboys just STFU please? Your whining about not getting a new coaster is annoying. Sorry you can't get a mega coaster every year, and like others have mentioned, lots of CF parks need new coasters more than you do. Be happy with your two new flats, which is the next best thing to a coaster. As far as I know, VF, MiA, and DP haven't announced any new rides yet. Be thankful for getting TWO.

I agree with you here, definitely. Canada's Wonderland is pretty much the only amusement park in the Toronto area (Ontario Place, we barely knew ye) - they know that people will come to the park regardless of whether there's a new big-ticket coaster installed every four to five years or not! They don't have to put in big investments all the time because, at least right now, the market is generally satisfied.

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:07 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:
canadianparkfan wrote:^^^^Again, it's CF. since when is theming a priority? If you really wanna wait/hope guardian gets completed, you could always prey that Wonderland pulls a Marineland (they took 20 years to eventually finish the theming on Dragon Mountain)

His complaint about WMG is valid. When it comes to dark rides, whether or not it's at a Cedar Fair park, immersiveness is the most important part. A giant black wall with a visible drop track and a bunch of technology out in the open? Not immersive at all. It looks like a warehouse with a coaster running through it.

I mean, for less than what WMG cost, Six Flags got Justice League, which I have ridden and, while I haven't ridden WMG, I'm sure JL blows it out of the water. The queue is immersive enough, the ride looks completed and has a nice balance of physical and digital sets, and it has a nice simulator ending. (BTW, I know most CW visitors will never ride JL, but I just wanted to point out that SF delivered a much better ride than CF did with a smaller budget.)

As for the comments about lack of a coaster: Can you CW fanboys just STFU please? Your whining about not getting a new coaster is annoying. Sorry you can't get a mega coaster every year, and like others have mentioned, lots of CF parks need new coasters more than you do. Be happy with your two new flats, which is the next best thing to a coaster. As far as I know, VF, MiA, and DP haven't announced any new rides yet. Be thankful for getting TWO.


If you haven't ridden guardian how do you know if his complaint is valid or not. As far as "seeing" the drop track goes I've never heard anyone in line saying "hey look at that drop track over there" they just see the door open then the train comes out they see their scores and get off the ride with a big smile on their face cause the drop gets your pulse going
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS