Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby CedarFair1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:14 pm

dorney1999 wrote:
CedarFair1 wrote:Update and predictions based of the Cedar Fair investment chart matching up with Canada's Wonderland's Redevelopment Large Multi- Year Project.

Very busy day as usual and haunt stuff under way :0

you forgot to add dorney park to the speculation chart

sorry who?

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby 1pizza14 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:41 pm

I really don't think Wonderland would ever add a hotel, since the large suburban sprawl in Vaughn the park pretty much sits inside of a city, and a large majority of guests live within driving distance (almost 5 million in the GTA). That being said, Knotts has a hotel and is in a similar situation to CW

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:52 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:Update and predictions based of the Cedar Fair investment chart matching up with Canada's Wonderland's Redevelopment Large Multi- Year Project.

Yeah....no!
Those check marks probably shouldn't be assigned that way anyway because multiple parks could add some of those in the same year. And your lack of other parks mentioned just shows how you think the business operates (and your "sorry who" comment proves that). Dorney and MiA will also receive things in those years, and for the other parks to be lumped together like that just makes it to where anything is possible there it seems.

Not that I'm doubting some of them because I feel a few may be right. But we know major capital is also on the way for MiA per a release not too long ago.

As for CW, I sense some waterpark stuff for next year.
Also, that 2018 coaster re-work you have circled I think will be for Mean Streak at CP and not for CW.
And CP's dark ride will probably be sometime in the future and not for 2016 (maybe a VR experience but not the dark ride).

Of course, just predictions.
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:15 pm

Coasterguy21 wrote:

Yeah....no!
Those check marks probably shouldn't be assigned that way anyway because multiple parks could add some of those in the same year. And your lack of other parks mentioned just shows how you think the business operates (and your "sorry who" comment proves that). Dorney and MiA will also receive things in those years, and for the other parks to be lumped together like that just makes it to where anything is possible there it seems.

Not that I'm doubting some of them because I feel a few may be right. But we know major capital is also on the way for MiA per a release not too long ago.

As for CW, I sense some waterpark stuff for next year.
Also, that 2018 coaster re-work you have circled I think will be for Mean Streak at CP and not for CW.
And CP's dark ride will probably be sometime in the future and not for 2016 (maybe a VR experience but not the dark ride).

Of course, just predictions.

Smaller parks get less frequent and less expensive investments that's why I listed the small parks together...

Also sarcasm can be missed epically sometimes, I know all the parks I simply forgot to add it tot he list. Orange just stands for all the small very low attendance parks, as Cedar Fair is very a top 5 park company. Do I think I'm going to be right on these guesses, yeah maybe like 1 or 2 out of luck lol... That's why I said predictions..

God these small Cedar Fair park fan boys get so defensive and cry so much when they year after year after year after year after yearsssss get no rides and they are confused why but don't understand, your home park has to bring in a ROI to receive big attractions and most the small parks in this chain cannot afford a 20+ million dollar large attraction.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:28 am

^I know perfectly well how the business works actually, but thanks. I was just pointing out the flawed logic behind it still because CF stated they were ready to ramp up the investments, especially in the labeled growth parks. In terms of profit margin, despite making the lowest amount of money, Michigan's Adventure makes a profit-margin that is on par with all the larger parks. That's a healthy sign.

And look at Carowinds, there were specific mentions in the investor presentation back at Carowinds that stated they want to grow Carowinds to be compared with Kings Island (and adjust that to make EBITDA match too). I was specifically pointing out your "sorry who" regarding Dorney.

Also, decisions aren't just based on potential ROI (which is a moot point because Lagoon just added a $20 million coaster that will take a few years to make back) They're based on attendance patterns as well. Some smaller parks don't have large slips or large forecasted slips in attendance due to a loyal local fan base. So they don't need to add rides as often because of that. When attendance seems like it may slip, then they add.
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby WonderlandFan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:14 pm

For haunt I was thinking that it would be smart to have 11-13 mazes this year and have it opened later to help manage the large crowds and make it easier to do all of the mazes more than once. I'm thinking that Club Blood and Terror of London should be retired because in my opinion both of them are not that scary and not well done (compared to the others). New mazes that would make a great fit: Slaughter House, Doll Factory, Fallout Shelter, Trick or Treat, Delirium, Bait's Motel. I'd be happy with any of those mazes or anything similar to them.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jtstonge » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:08 pm

The park will be making their 2016 announcement tomorrow!!
Capture.JPG
Structural EIT
Coaster Enthusiast

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:04 pm

I know the park just got a new waterslide last year, but maybe they will again this year. Cedar Fair is adding these Proslide SkyBoxs like crazy. The teaser directly says drop in it and that's what these things do.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:03 pm

jtstonge wrote:The park will be making their 2016 announcement tomorrow!!

The drop tower is clearly getting RMC'd
Peek a boo!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Hero » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:32 pm

ImNotOneOfYou wrote:
jtstonge wrote:The park will be making their 2016 announcement tomorrow!!

The drop tower is clearly getting RMC'd

:nina: RMC is *almost always the answer
Sometimes when I am at the park I ask myself "Why is Kingda Ka open?"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!