Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Hero » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:27 pm

With the ridiculous amount of money and attendance CF is raking in because of CW lately, it's hard to imagine just how big the future is for CW. The future is definitely holding great things, specifically 2017 ;)
Last edited by Coaster Hero on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:44 pm.
Sometimes when I am at the park I ask myself "Why is Kingda Ka open?"

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Coaster Hero wrote:With the ridiculous amount of money and attendance CF is raking in because of CW lately, it's hard to imagine just how big the future is for CW. The future is definitely holding great thing, specifically 2017 ;)

Are you referring to our worlds longest with two launches wing coaster ;0

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:05 pm

I think they should put a family coaster/flats in Skyrider's spot and take out Flight Deck and Time Warp and put in a bigger coaster there.
Is this a trick question?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:52 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:So interesting topic of discussion, what could the large redevelopment program be?

According to Phillips, Wonderland will be undergoing a large redevelopment program after Sept. 1. Currently, SkyRider sits on 5,100 square metres of prime space right between the Splash Works and the mountain. Here, Wonderland saw an opportunity.

“We like to space out (our ideas) over time and we always want to be innovative and leading the industry,” Phillips said. “Guests still like it and it’s a great attraction, but you have to look within the park to understand what’s best for the future.”

“The plan is to develop the land for future use. It’s on a prime piece of land in the middle of our park,” Phillips said of SkyRider.

“Based on our history at the park, if you look at what’s happened since 2008, we’ve put in two of the top 10 fastest coasters in North America and we’re ranked as one of the top three parks in North America. We’ve put in Behemoth and Leviathan. I can’t define how long it will take, but guests should be excited (about what’s to come),” he added.

So interesting topic of discussion, what could the large redevelopment program be?

Nothing new bud. This was already discussed last year.

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Dom497 wrote:
CedarFair1 wrote:So interesting topic of discussion, what could the large redevelopment program be?

According to Phillips, Wonderland will be undergoing a large redevelopment program after Sept. 1. Currently, SkyRider sits on 5,100 square metres of prime space right between the Splash Works and the mountain. Here, Wonderland saw an opportunity.

“We like to space out (our ideas) over time and we always want to be innovative and leading the industry,” Phillips said. “Guests still like it and it’s a great attraction, but you have to look within the park to understand what’s best for the future.”

“The plan is to develop the land for future use. It’s on a prime piece of land in the middle of our park,” Phillips said of SkyRider.

“Based on our history at the park, if you look at what’s happened since 2008, we’ve put in two of the top 10 fastest coasters in North America and we’re ranked as one of the top three parks in North America. We’ve put in Behemoth and Leviathan. I can’t define how long it will take, but guests should be excited (about what’s to come),” he added.

So interesting topic of discussion, what could the large redevelopment program be?

Nothing new bud. This was already discussed last year.

NO IT WASN'T! No one discussed the fact that wonderland was now under a redevelopment project. we only talked about a new coaster not a massive multi year redevelopment of Canada's Wonderland..

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby patrick_rc_fan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Yes we have. Our discussion was not limited to just being about a coaster: we mentioned flats, waterpark expansion, picnic pavillion, washrooms and more. Nothing new to talk about.

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

I mentioned all those things... Yall told me I was wrong and it was a coaster coming..

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby patrick_rc_fan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:23 pm

Don't take credit for mentioning those things. You're not the only person on the thread. Sure we talked about a coaster a lot, but it wasn't limited to that.

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:26 pm

patrick_rc_fan wrote:Don't take credit for mentioning those things. You're not the only person on the thread. Sure we talked about a coaster a lot, but it wasn't limited to that.

no one mentioned a multi year redevelopment of Canada's Wonderland. we talked about small additions not a large redevelopment... those are very important words as it says a lot of money is about to be invested into the park.

And many people on this forum and other forums can vouch i talked about the family rides and bbq and brew and almost everyone was like nah man it's a coaster. You didn't cause I don't remember you, but most thought I was wrong.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby buck funny » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:32 pm

If it were run by maple leaf sports and entertainment they would trade all of their first round draft pics and future prospects for a long in the tooth veteran well past his prime.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!