Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Angle O. Descent » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:02 pm

coasterjunkie1975 wrote:Canada's Wonderland is like the Toronto Maple Leafs of the amusement park industry. They could go years without making any new additions and the people will still come to the park in droves and make Cedar Fair lots and lots of money.

THIS!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wigglytuff » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:14 pm

coasterjunkie1975 wrote:Canada's Wonderland is like the Toronto Maple Leafs of the amusement park industry. They could go years without making any new additions and the people will still come to the park in droves and make Cedar Fair lots and lots of money.

well what are they gonna do go to marineland?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:30 pm

So, CW and the Maple Leafs share a bit in common with MiA and the Lions, eh? ;)

JonnyRCT3 wrote:With over six million people and one decent amusement park, the odds are forever in CF's favor.

:nina:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:41 pm

DILinator wrote:So, CW and the Maple Leafs share a bit in common with MiA and the Lions, eh? ;)

At least the Lions have a better chance of getting a Super Bowl title than MIA getting a new coaster.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Postby grsupercity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:54 pm

simaticable wrote:
DILinator wrote:So, CW and the Maple Leafs share a bit in common with MiA and the Lions, eh? ;)

At least the Lions have a better chance of getting a Super Bowl title than MIA getting a new coaster.

ouch
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:57 pm

simaticable wrote:

You'll eat your words before you know it my friend!

It may be awhile, but we'll eventually get both!!
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:06 pm

grsupercity wrote:
simaticable wrote:

ouch

Ouch, yes... But is he wrong? :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby grsupercity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:07 pm

DILinator wrote:
grsupercity wrote:
simaticable wrote:

ouch

Ouch, yes... But is he wrong? :lol:

I think in the future, MIA will get a new coaster before the lions win a super bowl.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:45 pm

This is the best post that I have read this week...kudos! :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:16 pm

So interesting topic of discussion, what could the large redevelopment program be?

According to Phillips, Wonderland will be undergoing a large redevelopment program after Sept. 1. Currently, SkyRider sits on 5,100 square metres of prime space right between the Splash Works and the mountain. Here, Wonderland saw an opportunity.

“We like to space out (our ideas) over time and we always want to be innovative and leading the industry,” Phillips said. “Guests still like it and it’s a great attraction, but you have to look within the park to understand what’s best for the future.”

“The plan is to develop the land for future use. It’s on a prime piece of land in the middle of our park,” Phillips said of SkyRider.

“Based on our history at the park, if you look at what’s happened since 2008, we’ve put in two of the top 10 fastest coasters in North America and we’re ranked as one of the top three parks in North America. We’ve put in Behemoth and Leviathan. I can’t define how long it will take, but guests should be excited (about what’s to come),” he added.

So interesting topic of discussion, what could the large redevelopment program be?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!