Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby thirstydeer » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:56 pm

I'll be there. Can't wait.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Honorarius » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:24 am

If the weather is good, is season pass preview night usually an overcrowded shitshow???

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:42 am

Honorarius wrote:If the weather is good, is season pass preview night usually an overcrowded shitshow???

I have been attending Season Pass Sneak Preview Night annually since 2013 and the crowd levels really depends on the weather as you have stated, along with what is new that season, and if there are any other large events occurring within the GTA that same night. Also, if all the rides are open and operating that night, that helps with spreading out the crowds. Unfortunately for the past couple of years, a few of the major rides were closed, which caused some of the lines to be longer than usual. But I still had a great time despite the fact!

But generally if the weather is nice, it does tend to bring out more people, but since the event is only for four hours, it tends to deter people from going and making it completely packed. Just keep an eye on the weather as the date gets closer to help decide if you want to make a visit that night! :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Honorarius » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:31 am

Last time I hit up SPPN it was a beautiful day and everyone in Ontario was there it seemed... A 4 hour round trip for those lines doesn't float my boat...

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Doppel Looping » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm

I have been to the last several years passholder night.

It is a fun atmosphere and everyone seems happy to be back at wonderland for another season. People are understanding that rides which have not run for 6 months have a bit of downtime. Many of the staff are new and not on their midseason form.

Foodservice which is pretty bad on a good day is even slower with lots of things running out.

On paper it is a textbook shitshow but people are thrilled to be back so it winds up being a nice night out.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby PATTYCAKES » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:06 am

I wonder if Canada's Wonderland will actually put ketchup in the ketchup containers this year?

Oh wait. Never mind, that won't be happening.

:mickey:

Postby Johnlloyd » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:02 pm

I hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy lately during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak we have been experiencing! Since being temporarily laid off of work for a couple of weeks as of Friday, I decided to try my hand at being creative in order to pass some of the time. Below is a photo of a clock I customized today, displaying photos of various rides at Canada's Wonderland that I had taken over the past few years. I used Photoshop to compile the photos together within a clock face template. I think it turned out quite nicely! :)

20200321_161649_HDR_1.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:16 pm

^ Very cool! You should post this entire post, with the photo of what you've done, in That C Thread, heh.

People need to get back into their "craft zone," lol. =)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Johnlloyd » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Very cool! You should post this entire post, with the photo of what you've done, in That C Thread, heh.

People need to get back into their "craft zone," lol. =)

Thank you for the suggestion! I most definitely will! :)

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!